Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Walmart. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Walmart
JOB TITLE: CAP Team Associate
LOCATION: Coventry, RI
HOURS: 1st and 2nd Shift available
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Maintains inventory accuracy for the facility by binning and picking merchandise; utilizing the inventory management system; completing bin audits; working inventory exceptions; and correcting shelf capacities
- Maintains area of responsibility in accordance with company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns; zoning the area; arranging and organizing merchandise and supplies; identifying shrink and damages; and ensuring a safe work environment
- Maintain merchandise presentation by stocking and rotating merchandise; removing damaged or out-of-date goods; setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays; signing and pricing merchandise appropriately; and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise
- Receives and stocks merchandise throughout the facility and organizes and maintains the backroom by following company safety, cleaning, and operating procedures; utilizing equipment appropriately; setting up displays; maintaining modular integrity; receiving, sorting, staging, and delivering merchandise; and completing paperwork, logs, and other required documentation
- Helps ensure the proper execution of the customer inventory flow process, the maintenance of backroom standards, the correct processing of freight, and that the backroom is ready for incoming freight
- Provides customer services by acknowledging the customer; identifying customer needs; assisting with purchasing decisions; locating merchandise; resolving customer issues and concerns; and promoting products and services while maintaining a safe shopping environment
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback
Successful candidates will have:
- Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member – Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests
- Judgement: Make effective choices – Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and improve work – Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required
- Influence and Communicate: Share information – Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner
- Execution and Results: Gets results – Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to ethical standards – Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly
- Adaptability: Adapt – Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback
- Enter and locate information on computer
- Move up and down a ladder
- Communicate effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment
- Create documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Visually verify information, often in small print
- Read information, often in small print
- Visually locate merchandise and other objects
- Visually inspect equipment
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp or drafty conditions
- Work overnight as required
- Work varying shifts as required
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Walmart will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.