Independent Living Skills Instructor
Skills for Life’s mission is to offer adult clients of North Bay Regional Center the opportunities to build and develop new independent living skills. With the support of Skills for Life, clients gain access to vital community resources. Clients are able to grow as individuals in the least restrictive natural community environment. Skills for life provides clients the motivation, encouragement, instruction, and tools to become the independent adults they strive to be. Clients are bestowed the dignity to make their own life choices that are right for them as individuals.
Our Instructors assist clients with daily living skills such as but not limited to:
-Banking & budgeting
-Medical & dental coordination
-Circle of support
-Meal planning and preparation
1. Assist clients with daily living skills as outlined above
2. Create and implement Individual Service Plans and Progress reports semi-annually including setting and managing client goals
3. Identify, report, and document client needs and special incidents
4. Assist with community resource, medical, dental, and financial/disability benefit coordination
5. Maintain relationships with client’s outside supports including case managers, medical providers, and more as to promote a team environment
6. Participate in staff meetings and trainings
7. Display crisis management skills in addition to quick problem solving and brainstorming abilities
8. Build meaningful relationships while maintaining professional boundaries
9. Independently disperse, plan, and track client schedules daily while adhering to strict time keeping guidelines
Essential Requirements Include:
Must be 18 years or older
Must have valid CA driver's license and clean DMV record
Must pass a fingerprint background check
Must provide proof of valid car insurance and a safe working vehicle.
Qualified Applicants will possess:
A strong desire to work with adults with disabilities and provide an essential service with passion and drive
Experience working with adults with disabilities or in a social services environment
Great communication skills and professional phone conduct
Professional writing skills
Excellent time management skills (including multi-tasking and independent schedule management)
Intermediate computer skills including usage of Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Gmail, email attachment uploading and management, Adobe Reader, document scanning, uploading and management of files, and entry-level troubleshooting.
Skills for Life is currently seeking a full-time Instructor. Bilingual Spanish a plus. Our normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM however, some evenings and weekend shifts available if desired.
Skills for Life provides CPR, First Aid, and AED training to all of our employees within three months of hire. Additionally, we regularly schedule in-house and community trainings to expand our staff’s knowledge of local resources, benefits, and staff/client safety. Instructors attend weekly meetings with management to track client progress and provide guidance accordingly.
BENEFITS AND PAY
Salary: 15.00 hour
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include: Five paid holidays and three “sick days” per year
Health, Dental, Life Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Contact us Via ZipRecruiter