Skillman Bible Church. Creating a safe place for broken people to flourish.
This role is responsible for the Sunday service flow and planning, music rehearsal, musician recruiting and discipleship, and corporate worship.
Title: Worship Pastor
The purpose of this role is to create joyful Sunday services through spiritual leadership and creative worship.
Spiritual leadership includes providing spiritual care for our musicians, ministering to our community through prayer and discipleship, and demonstrating purposeful worship by example.
Creative worship includes designing a purposeful worship experience that draws us to Christ through a mix of contemporary and traditional sacred music, the historic creeds, and the Lord’s Table.
While not exhaustive, this is a general idea of the responsibilities of this role.
1. Plan corporate elements of weekly services with the senior pastor, including building the order of worship, thematic connections through prayer, music, readings, and creeds.
2. Recruit, develop, and disciple musicians from within the church and in the broader community.
3. Lead the musicians in one rehearsal and lead the church in one worship service each week.
4. Connect with our people pastorally through prayer, discipleship, and community life.
Success looks like:
How to know if you’re on/off track. These will help you set goals.
1. The worship service is purposeful, consistent, and excellent.
2. The church has a depth of musicians in various points of spiritual growth who are moving closer to Jesus through worship and discipleship.
3. Proper planning and solid implementation looks like the Sunday service creating an environment for people to meet Jesus and worship Him.
4. Our people (including musicians) identify you as one of their pastors, and seek to learn about Jesus through you.
Tasks (not limited to):
-Create weekly worship orders
-Prepare music charts for musicians
-Prepare lyric sheets/slides for all songs for each service
-Use Song Select and Proclaim to plan services
-Contribute to regular written communication to our people
-Communicate regularly with Sunday volunteers, especially musicians
-Meet once per week with the senior pastor for planning
-maintain the A/V and sound system
This role reports to the senior pastor. This role averages $25/hour for 12 hours per week ($1,200/month), for leading 48 Sunday services and a Good Friday service yearly. Requirements include being a strong vocalist, preparing charts for each service, and prior experience leading worship.
Skillman Bible Church
Why Work Here?
Creating a safe place for broken people to flourish.