Diesel Mechanic Technician
- $26 to $29 Hourly
We are seeking over 10 Diesel Mechanic Technicians to join a reputable transportation organization in Nashville.
Signing Bonus $2000 | Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol testing provisions for safety sensitive positions as required by the U.S. Department of Transportation (49 CFR Parts 40 and 655).
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a “P” Endorsement (or able to successfully pass the applicable CDL Permit Tests).
- Obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent). The company will provide/pay for training as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred qualification:
- 2 years of experience in general heavy truck repair for commercial fleet operations OR
- 2 years Degree in Diesel Technology, Automotive Technology, or similar OR
- 3 years demonstrated experience in heavy duty diesel/automotive repairs
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Ability to successfully complete an internal practical test for Diesel Mechanic Technician
- Willingness and availability to work varying shifts (weekdays, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
- Basic computer skills
Job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Work in an environment where there is exposure to dust, noise, and temperature.
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors in inclement weather sometime.
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, twist, squat and kneel.
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair mechanical defects in gasoline, electric, hybrid and diesel-powered buses, trucks, cars, and other heavy motorized mechanical equipment.
- Operate and maintain electronic diagnostic and related equipment.
- Diagnose, dismantle, and repair all types of gasoline and diesel internal combustion engines, automatic transmissions, differentials, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical and mechanical units and accessories of electrically powered and hybrid coaches using electrical diagrams and schematics.
- Adjust brakes, repair pumps, starters, injectors, lights, steering gears, generators, and air conditioning systems.
- Operate overhead cranes, hydraulic lifts, hoists, jacks, drill presses, as appropriately certified.
- Perform field repair work and emergency road repairs, drive wrecker truck to tow in disabled coaches.
- Maintain records of orders, completed repairs, time worked, and materials used; enter and extract data in automated vehicle maintenance system.
- Perform diagnostic, troubleshooting, and repair of electronic and mechanical system equipment.
Pay, Benefits and more.
Wage: Up to $28.95/hour based on experience. Additional pay incentives are available with ‘H-Series ASE’ Certifications.
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Pension & Optional 401K plan
o On-Site Fitness Center
o Paid CDL Training
o Uniform Allowance ($450) | Working Boots ($150) | Tool Allowance ($900) | Prescription safety glasses ($80)
o New year | MLK | Memorial Day | July 4th | Labor Day | Thanksgiving Day | Christmas Day | Employee’s BD
· 1 Week |1 year < less
· 2 weeks | 2 years < 5 years
· 3 weeks | 5 years < 11 years
· 4 weeks | 11 years < 20 years
· 5 weeks | 20 years < 29 years
Veterans and transitioning service members with adequate experience are highly recommended to apply.
We are a proud veteran owned organization that is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Lots of room to grow!
Veteran-owned labor leasing firm specialize in skilled labor augmentation and workforce development. Working Where You Work On Demand!
Skilled WorkforceNashville, TN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.