Skilled Trades Services is recruiting for (2) Maintenance Technicians in the Newton, NC area.
(1) position will be a 2nd shift position and (1) position will be working a 3rd shift position.
- Performs scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, repairs and installation tasks on the physical plant, equipment and machinery, according to company standards.
Primary Job Duties:
- Answer trouble calls to production equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance routines as assigned.
- Complete assigned work request repairs.
- Complete all related forms and paperwork prior to end of shift.
- Maintain shop and shop equipment in a clean and safe condition.
- Ensure all equipment is in a sanitary condition after performing work prior to release back to Production department.
- Test run all equipment after any repairs or P.M.'s.
- Maintain minimum tool list. Carry tools to all calls.
- Practices and complies with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, etc.) including safety and work rules.
- Lock out all equipment prior to beginning work or removing guards.
- Do not attempt to operate equipment without prior knowledge of the operation.
- Make sure equipment is clear of personnel or foreign objects before starting.
- Do not attempt to stick any type of object into equipment while running.
- Always keep in hands and arms free from moving parts.
- Report any potential safety hazards immediately.
- Ensure all electric cabinets and enclosures are closed, locked and sealed.
- Maintain clean uniforms, shirt tucked in, sleeves buttoned or rolled up.
Sanitation and Maintaining a Clean Work Environment:
- Ensure proper procedures are followed at all times.
- Shop will be cleaned up and swept prior to end of shift daily.
- All Un-serviceable used parts will be disposed of prior to end of shift.
- Parts storage areas will be maintained in an orderly manner.
- All other related duties as deemed appropriate by your direct supervisor.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Experience: Prior experience in plant maintenance or general commercial mechanic experience MANDATORY.
- Education: Technical training or trade school diploma desired.
- Must possess/maintain a valid license to operate applicable equipment.
- Must be physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
- Must be able to climb ladders, crawl under and onto equipment and work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Must be able to work on both electrical and pneumatic type equipment.
If you are a qualified individual, please reach out to us FIRST by submitting your resume to us. AFTER review of your resume, we will reach out to you to further discuss these positions.
Skilled Trades Services