Skilled Trades Services has IMMEDIATE needs for several Commercial HVAC Service Technicians for work in and around the Gaston County, NC area.
Candidate MUST have a minimum of 5 years commercial HVAC Service experience and be located within a 45 mile radius of Gastonia, NC.
An UP-TO-DATE resume is a MUST!
This position requires a dedicated person who is passionate about their craft, enjoys working with their hands, organized, mechanically minded, enjoys cultivating the achievements of a good challenge, devoted to team work and customer service.
Responsible for demonstrating and maintaining a self-starter attitude, a self-motivated leader in the field while working as a team and independently. Maintain a professional attitude, a mentor to our field apprentices, preserve company Core Values, required to attend short-term and long-term training programs provided by client.
- Perform comprehensive maintenance, service/repairs with minimum to no supervision on all types of comfort/process HVAC equipment supported by company.
- Perform service/repairs on Traditional VAV, Change Over Bypass and Non-Bypass zoning systems.
- Perform service and repairs on HVAC building automated control systems.
- Maintain accurate detailed invoices and dispatch notes on a daily basis using ESC software.
- Produce onsite quotes for repairs, replacement referrals for each customer using ESC software and maintain weekly production goals.
- Maintain an organized service truck, manage allocated inventory and truck assets.
- Maintain primary and backup On-call rotation schedule for all after hours service calls.
- Assist service department team with repairs that often require two techs due to weight, size, location and complexity.
- 5 years commercial HVAC service/repair experience.
- Demonstrate wiring diagram schematic literacy and basic refrigeration knowledge.
- EPA Universal Certification or obtained within first 90 days of employment.
- Hand tools and tool bag. (The minimum tool list that is required to be fulfilled prior to the first day reporting to work)
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Dependable transportation to and from work.
- Must be able to operate and drive commercial vehicles i.e. vans, trucks and KUV’s.
- 24 hours of continued education in HVAC studies per year.
- Basic computer and smart phone skills.
- Available to work overtime, weekends, flexible start-leave hours and on-call rotation.
- Ability to set up and climb extension ladders up to 32 ft.
- Wear corrective lens if eye sight alone impairs ability to focus on small details near and or far.
- Leather safety toe work boots w/proper ankle support and rubber soles. (waterproof recommended)
- Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for extended periods.
- Walk, stand, stoop or sit for prolong periods of time.
- Climb stationary, extension and collapsible ladders.
Frequently required to wear safety glasses, ear protection, gloves and hardhat’s due to site safety and adhere to safety policy requirements, debris, loud decibels, sharp edges and pinch points. Safety toe leather work boots are mandatory and must be worn at all times.
The work environment will subject you to continuous interruptions and changing priorities, effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, coworkers, and others is required.
Skilled Trades Services
Why Work Here?
You've worked for the rest, now work for the BEST! Weekly Pay via Direct Deposit !