Instructional Designer (ID) - Digital Media
- $70,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance
SkillPlan is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development services. We have over 30 years of experience providing workforce development services and resources to the unionized construction industry, as well as other sectors. SkillPlan seeks a full-time Instructional Designer to support our training and program design services for our clients across Canada.
The Instructional Designer will work in a collaborative team environment and work independently and with multiple team members and stakeholders to design, produce, and edit digital audio-visual media for online training in conjunction with existing curricula and in compliance with corporate objectives, strategies, and branding.
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience with Learning Management Systems including D2L Brightspace, Moodle and other course authoring tools (Storyline Articulate)
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Canva, video production software (preferably Camtasia), and audio production software (Logic/Garageband, ProTools, Ableton, Audacity); Ability to create and/or source non-copyrighted digital visual assets, including text blocks, visual annotations, diagrams, images, and in-line videos
- Ability to produce quality in-class and eLearning course material, including course design, course outlines, lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, videos, quizzes, diagrams, interactive exercises and assessments
- Strong instructional design, development and teaching of courses for face-to-face, hybrid and online delivery
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines, prioritizing, and managing interruptions
- Ability to perform research, problem solve, organize material, conduct analysis and evaluate data
- Analytical with the ability to use sound judgment in decision making and demonstrate consistent logic, rationality, objectivity and creativity
- Ability to perform routine and complex work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with a diverse range of clients (unions, employers, contractors and Indigenous groups)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and applying editing standards and conventions
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple projects
- Ability to work in a team environment with a high level of accountability, including collaborating, interfacing, and reporting with/to multiple departments and stakeholders
- Proficiency in delivering, assessing, and anticipating challenge areas in learning from a learner’s perspective
- Commitment to learning and professional development
- Commitment to ensuring all products and services developed and delivered comply with SkillPlan best practices and quality standards
Education and Experience – Required
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for Education or Adult Education, Instructional Design, Human Performance Technology, Educational Technology or a related discipline
- Experience in Secondary Adult Basic Education and/or workplace training development and delivery
- Trade Certificate AND Provincial Instructors Diploma (PID) or Bachelor of Education
- Experience designing curriculum and developing materials to meet learning outcomes
- Facilitation and presentation skills for the delivery of education and training programs
- Advanced proficiency in standard computer applications, including MS Office Suite
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Experience — Desirable
- Demonstrated experience in digital video and audio production, independently and in team settings
- Familiarity with story and script development for training purposes
- Demonstrated experience in voice work for media production
- Demonstrated experience in digital visual asset creation and sourcing
- Strong knowledge base in adult learning theory, instructional design and technology
- Familiarity with the construction trades and apprenticeship programming
- Demonstrated experience developing and conducting needs assessments and strong facilitation with a variety of stakeholders
- One-on-one tutoring experience with apprentices and employees would be an asset
- Online course development and/or delivery would be an asset
- Valid BC Driver's License
Hours and Days of Work:
- Fulltime, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Flexible work schedule
- Occasional travel in BC and across Canada (in accordance with guidance from provincial and federal health authorities)
Job Type: One-year contract
In addition to the opportunity to collaborate with an outstanding team, SkillPlan offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package, including a generous vacation allotment, flexible work schedule, RRSP contribution, and medical, dental, and extended health benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest in SkillPlan, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SkillPlan is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development programming. With over 30 years of experience, SkillPlan provides workforce developing services and resources to the construction industry, with a focus on pinpointing foundational skills problems, addressing learning challenges and delivering industry-specific educational programs to help workers succeed in technical training and on the job. SkillPlan serves 14 international unions and their affiliated training centres and contractors, along with numerous private and public technical training institutions.
4170 Still Creek DriveBurnaby, BC
Get fresh Instructional Designer (ID) - Digital Media jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.