Construction Trade Instructor and/or Tutor
- $45 to $55 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance
SkillPlan is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development programs. We have over 30 years of experience providing workforce development consulting services and resources to construction and other industries.
We are looking for part-time and full-time Trade Instructors and/or Tutors with excellent math and science skills to support apprentices in technical training and preparing for entrance assessments. You will work with apprentices at all levels of technical training in one-to-one and small group situations (online or in-person) and deliver in pre-apprenticeship programs. You must be able to adapt your teaching style relative to SkillPlan’s training model and the learning outcomes of each trade and you will work in a collaborative team environment to design, develop and deliver training materials to meet the unique needs of our clients. This is a one-year contract with the possibility of an extension.
- Trade Certificate or Provincial Instructors Diploma (PID) or Bachelor of Education
- Immediate opportunities for the following trade instructors: Electrical, Millwright, Piping (Sprinkler and Gas Fitter), Refrigeration, Welding, HEO, Automotive Service, Autobody & Collision
- Up to 37.5 hours per week – including afternoons, evenings, weekends
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work with a diverse range of individuals and small groups (indigenous, learning disabilities, lack of education, etc.)
- Work with the SkillPlan team to support tutoring
- Ability to provide 1-1 tutoring or small group instruction (online and in-person)
SkillPlan is dedicated to providing quality products and services to our clients and expects employees to meet these standards of work. Online delivery support will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
In-office / Remote / Online
SkillPlan is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development programming. With over 30 years of experience, SkillPlan provides workforce developing services and resources to the construction industry, with a focus on pinpointing foundational skills problems, addressing learning challenges and delivering industry-specific educational programs to help workers succeed in technical training and on the job. SkillPlan serves 14 international unions and their affiliated training centres and contractors, along with numerous private and public technical training institutions.
4170 Still Creek DriveBurnaby, BC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.