Skanska Integrated Solutions (SIS) is the consulting arm of Skanska USA Building Inc. SIS leverages the intellectual capital and experience of Skanska's national and international construction and real estate businesses. SIS delivers program/ project/ and construction management and consulting services to clients in aviation, biotech, corporate/ commercial, cultural, government, healthcare/ assisted living, higher education, tech, sports & entertainment, and public and private companies. The consulting business of SIS operates in support of and as a smaller though parallel operation to the Construction business.
The Regional Director (RD) for the San Francisco market will be a dynamic individual who is as comfortable in a consulting operation as he/she is in sales. The RD will be responsible to understand the San Francisco market for consulting services, identify potential clients and systematically pursue new work for the group. The RD will handle multiple projects and be responsible for multiple client accounts and the staff managing the accounts. The key goal is to enhance client relationships through successful project execution, thus maximizing Skanska's share of awarded capital projects.
The San Francisco market RD, will report directly to the California VP/ Regional Executive for SIS, and indirectly as a business partner to the local office GM. The RD will be stationed in the Skanska SF office and will actively participate in communication and coordination with the local office leadership group. This will require the development of a strong relationship with key office partners including but not limited to the GM, VP of BD, VP of Precon, VP of Ops, and the project Scheduler.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Secure new program management and consulting work
- Lead the development and implementation of pursuit plans to acquire new clients
- Manage the preparation and submission of proposals for new work and contract negotiations.
- Manage and develop relationships with clients, designers, consultants
- Identify client expectations and develop related project strategies
- Develop Client Account Management Plans and update annually
- Oversee development of project execution plan
- Review and monitor financial reports including: job cost, AR, AP, etc.
- Review monthly owner project status reports, as required
- Develop risk management plans that identify and proactively manage risk
- Actively participate in all preconstruction planning and construction assignments
- Lead employee recruitment and retention efforts, coordinating assignment of staff among projects
- Develop and mentor project management employees
- Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety, Health and Management Program
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment
Job Skills & Abilities
Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
Superior knowledge of industry
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Extensive knowledge of financial operations
Excellent management and leadership skills
Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
Ability to delegate work appropriately
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Excellent strategic thinking and visionary skills
Ability to travel as needed
Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or related field
- Prior Real Estate or Consulting experience required
- Experience in managing a business team or unit required