Security Officer- Patrol
Sizemore, Inc Cayce, SC
- Expired: August 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Security Officer
Supervisors Others: No
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Revised: February 23, 2021
Job Summary: The Security Officer will be responsible to maintain overall security of assigned facility by enforcing access control, observing, correcting and reporting violations of applicable rules and regulations. It will be essential that the Security Officer supports and integrates Sizemore’s core values of Flexibility, Improvement, Reliability, Safety and Teamwork into the daily performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- Document security activity with Daily Activity Report (DAR) and completes incident reports as required.
- Control vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Operates specialized equipment as needed (Closed-Circuit Television Systems, vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Drive a culture of constant improvement, identifying projects to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Enforce Sizemore’s and client’s policies and procedures.
- Other tasks may be assigned as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or recipient of GED
- Previous experience in security, military or law enforcement is preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office programs, preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor.
- Possess patience, tact, enthusiasm as well as diplomacy when dealing with any person no matter the circumstances.
- Possess initiative and sound judgement in evaluating and reacting to situations.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in potential stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Possess good problem-solving skills with high attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, read/comprehend detailed instructions and process information with accuracy and clarity.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Work will be performed in a climate-controlled building and/or outside in various weather conditions.
- Extensive walking, standing and sitting is required.
- May encounter threatening situations.
- May encounter bloodborne pathogens and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Conditions of Employment:
Sizemore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Continued employment is dependent upon:
- Ability to pass a criminal background, a clean MVR check (if driving), and employment verification.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random employment drug screens.
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not necessarily all inclusive and others may be assigned. By signing this Job Description, I hereby acknowledge my responsibilities, duties and am aware I am accountable to meet the expectations and responsibilities of this position to employees, customers, co-workers and managers of Sizemore, Inc.
I have read and reviewed the above requirements and agree that I can perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, I understand that any accommodation requests must be made in writing to Sizemore Inc. Human Resources.
Applicant Printed Name
Applicant Signature Date
Real EstateView all jobs at Sizemore, Inc