Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
1. Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
2. Must be able to interface effectively in a pleasant “customer service” tone with any personnel at the client location.
3. Employees must be capable of passing appropriate criminal and work history checks.
4. Must have dependable transportation
5. Be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
6. Be physically capable of restraining an individual in a situation requiring physical restraint.
7. Have normal hearing and eyesight with an ability to discern colors
8. Be able to work any shift, 24 hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift indicate what restrictions apply.
9. Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties (i.e. fear of heights, etc.)
10. Must participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled
11. Work in harmony with others
12. Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions
13. Operate communications equipment that could include telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems, and public address systems
14. Perform walking security, fire prevention, and safety patrols. Must be able to withstand long periods of standing or walking.
15. Run for short distances in response to emergency situations
16. Follow established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire, and medical support agencies when needed.
17. Prepare and present oral and written reports
18. Adhere to all safety requirements of Client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment.
AS SEEN ON INDEED.COM
Be at least 21 years of age for armed and 18 years of age for unarmed position.
Must Have High School Diploma or GED
Work is classified as heavy in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift/carry 50 lbs. with some regularity. Work requires high attention and mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must possess initiative and sound judgment in evaluating and reacting to situations under emergency and high stress situations. Work may involve the verbal de-escalation of potentially violent individuals or the confrontation of persons with weapons.
Working and Environmental Conditions
In the course of performing job duties, the Security Officer can reasonably anticipate they will be required to work both inside and outside of buildings and in all weather conditions.