Cloud Engineer TS/SCI w/ Poly
- Expired: June 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
SIXGEN is a mission-focused company. Our success is predicated on our experienced cadre of technical Subject Matter Experts who provide solutions to the Nation's toughest challenges in cyberspace. We conduct intelligence operations, mitigate threats to critical infrastructure and key resources, and develop the capabilities necessary for providing enhanced situational awareness to warfighters and decision makers through rapid data solutions backed by security best practice. Currently, both commercial and government organizations are facing obstacles in today's rapidly changing net-centric landscape, making cybersecurity a chief necessity.
SIXGEN would like to add an ambitious, dedicated, and self-motivated Cloud Engineer to our team.
Summary of the role:
- Extensive knowledge of cloud environment and architecture principles
- Experience with full-stack design using existing infrastructure from data flow, security, and DevOps
- Ability to develop technical procedures and support guidelines for cloud systems in collaboration with IT security
- Evaluate technical risks and mitigation strategies as well as cloud applications, both hardware and software.
- Propose suggestions and best practices to optimize customers' cloud presence, performance, security, and cost
- Responsible for the evaluation of technical risks and map out mitigation strategies
- Ability to create well-informed cloud strategy and administer/adopt new process
- Carry out debugging, troubleshooting, modifications, and unit testing of custom solutions built on the organization/clients platform
- Be able to provide bulk application transfers to cloud environment
- Be readily available and provide immediate response to technical issues with clear communication
- Responsible for spotting the cloud architecture solutions to effectively meet the strategic needs of the organization
- Ability to work on cross functional teams and with various stakeholders
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or Electrical Engineering, or in a relevant field. A minimum 3-5 years work experience designing, executing, and supporting IT Cloud solutions
Extensive experience with: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. Deep understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS and scripting languages
Communication skills: Good written and verbal communication skills to effectively articulate complex cloud reports and relate with clients, IT development partners, and management.
Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
Clearances: An active TS/SCI w/Poly Clearance
- SIXGEN pays 100% of health benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental
- 401K with 3.5% matching offered
- Some training and education may be covered by SixGen
- Relocation offered if necessary
- The salary range is dependent on skills, experience and is negotiable (SIXGEN typically pays above average)
SixGen, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled Employer
TechnologyView all jobs at Sixgen Inc.