SixAxis designs and manufactures advanced products that increase safety and boost productivity around the globe. We innovate new products and processes for our customers that drive safer, smarter, and more effective solutions. Our company continues to grow so we’re looking for a talented individual to join our Engineering Team as a Mechanical/Structural Engineer at our Sumter, SC office.
Position Summary This position is responsible for designing and improving products such as gangways, structural platforms, stairs/ladders, and fall protection equipment. Works closely with entire Engineering team, Sales personnel, and company leadership to drive innovation and solve customer problems. Sponsorship not available for this position.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops mechanical and structural solutions for customers in concert with Sales and company leadership
• Performs load calculations as needed for platform structures and related accessories (stairs, ladders, racks, etc.)
• Manages multiple assignments, developing solutions that range from simple to extremely complex
• Leverages existing deployed designs for new applications
• Reviews, approves, and implements mechanical engineering standards, policies, and procedures
• Provides technical engineering input for estimating and bid proposal requirements
• Interprets external codes, regulations, specifications, and the like to determine impact on designs
• Develops computer simulations to predict how structures will react under different conditions
• May manage and direct outside consultants to develop engineering documents
• Coordinates securing PE stamps for respective states as needed
• Participates in the management of larger mechanical / structural engineering projects as assigned
• Audits existing mechanical systems/solutions and recommends solutions to improve
• Meets internal and external deadlines and project target dates. Communicates variances to schedules
• Performs full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture, and implementation)
• Designs systems and components that meet customer/industry requirements
• Tests and evaluates theoretical designs
• Evaluates final product’s overall performance, reliability, and safety
• Estimates project budget and scope and prepares product reports/documentation
• Develops best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve performance of Engineering Team and company results.
• Other duties as business needs require.
• BS in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, EIT or PE a plus
• 5-10 years’ experience in mechanical construction or fabrication industry experience preferred
• Project Management experience a plus
• Solid Works modeling experience or other parametric Engineering software
• Experience using RISA or similar structural Engineering software
• Problem-solving aptitude, analytical skills, and highly organized
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function well in a Team setting
RECRUITING AGENCIES: DO NOT REACH OUT
Sixaxis Manufacturing TechnologiesWest Columbia, SC
Get fresh Structural Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.