IT Systems Administrator
Sitka Technology Group Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
System Administrator II
Sitka Technology Group is the leading provider of custom software solutions for conservation and natural resource management. We are seeking a Junior Systems Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will get to work on cutting-edge web, mobile, and cloud applications that help manage natural resources.
This is a junior-to-mid level full-time position that will place less emphasis on hardware and hardware maintenance and more focus on the monitoring and management of the operating systems and the applications they support.
- Assist in migrating Sitka's on-premise workloads to the cloud
- Maintain Sitka's internal and externally facing server operating systems
- Maintain appropriate backup and disaster recovery processes
- Administer software licenses and renewals
- Support application development teams in provisioning and troubleshooting infrastructure
- Ensure the company follows established IT security policies
- Support annual IT security audits
- Provide IT support to an office of about 40 Windows 10 and Mac users, phone system, etc.
- Provide periodic on-call production support
- User and security administration in a Windows environment
- 2 years of Windows Server administration
- 2 years Linux Server administration
- 2 years configuring and supporting of IP networks and basic firewall administration
- Must live in the greater Portland area and the ability to work on-site as needed
- You have the legal right to work in the United States without Sitka Sponsorship
- Experience in Azure or other Commercial Cloud
- Experience using VMWare (vSphere, vSAN, etc.)
- Experience using Veeam
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Nagios, Prometheus, or other monitoring software
- Exposure to IT security frameworks like NIST
In addition to the technical skills and your raw ability to get stuff done, the right candidate will also be:
- A people person with awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Someone with a can-do attitude, love learning, and new challenges
- Organized, attentive to detail, and have good prioritization skills
- Treat others with respect, courtesy, and a sense of humor
- A person who puts the needs of the client first
- Competitive compensation based on experience (hourly rate equal to an annual salary of $56K - $68K)
- Flexible hours with PTO
- Fully paid medical, vision and disability coverage for employee
- Retirement plan
- Profit sharing
- Professional development opportunities
- Post Shelter at Home Order:
- Team events
- In building gym, bike locker, and showers
- Stocked kitchen with unlimited espresso and tea
COVID 19 Consideration
Following the recommendations of health professionals and government agencies, all Sitka team members are currently working from home. This position will begin as a fully remote position. When recommendations change and a safe working environment can be maintained, team members (including this position) will return to working from the Portland office. Applicants who are not currently in the Portland area will be considered if demonstrating an earnest intent to relocate when feasible.
In Your Cover Letter
If you are ready to meet your next challenge and do something positive for the world you live in, we look forward to hearing from you! All we need is a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you would fit into the Sitka culture to get the ball rolling. Cover letters missing this discussion may not be considered.
Sitka Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.