Human Resources Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resources Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organizations human resources department.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level Human Resources staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resources files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of Human Resources files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the Human Resources department.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and other company events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Team player who works together with multiple teams to create effective solutions.
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook,
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Typical office environment with standard equipment and tasks.
- Position requires work at a computer/video display terminal and desk for extensive periods of time.
- Must Be Willing to Work Overtime, Holidays and Rotating Shifts.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required for this position this position.
- Requires regular twisting/turning/squatting/bending/reaching/lifting and prolonged periods at a stationary/mobile work station.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Ability to maneuver packages of any weight above 20 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person.
Sit ‘n Sleep will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Sit ‘n Sleep. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations should submit a written request may contact the Human Resources Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 310-608-6838.
- No travel required
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Three to five years of experience in an administrative role.
Work authorization requirements
Sit ‘n Sleep participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
Sit ‘n Sleep is an AA/ EEO employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION OR IN ANY DOCUMENT OR STATEMENT, WRITTEN OR ORAL, SHALL LIMIT THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT-WILL. NO OFFICER, EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY IS AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT—EXPRESS OR IMPLIED—WITH ME OR ANY EMPLOYEE FOR EMPLOYMENT FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME. ANY AGREEMENT TO EMPLOYMENT FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME WILL BE PUT INTO WRITING AND SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT or CEO OF THE COMPANY.
Sit n Sleep Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Sit n Sleep Inc