Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Handle all incoming calls from both internal and external customers. Assist with delivery discrepancies and schedules, customer inquiries, running various reports including delivery manifest.
- Handle all incoming calls regarding customer service issues including requests for warranty inspections and warranty results.
- Will make timely responses to customer complaints and follow-up when necessary to insure complete customer satisfaction.
- Responds to inventory issues by warehouse personnel requiring search in the computer, pulling paperwork or contacting customers.
- Resolves delivery discrepancies in reference to issues with quality of the product or incomplete deliveries with the assistance of DSI.
- Processes invoices from previous day’s completed deliveries.
- Manifest will be completed and scanned daily. Contact customers as needed to schedule deliveries and/or to address any concerns that may be noted on the manifest.
- Assists sales staff with various order issues, i.e. order changes, customer inquires or delivery dates.
- Processes exchange requests for defective, warranty or comfort exchanges called in by store or customer.
- Customer Service Dept. Reports and projects assigned individually as needed including UPS, Refusal report and Open Truck report.
- Updates Open Order Reports by researching current status of orders through the computer, paperwork and contacting customer and/or sales person.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Team player who works together with multiple teams to create effective solutions.
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook,
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Typical office environment with standard equipment and tasks.
- Position requires work at a computer/video display terminal and desk for extensive periods of time.
- Must Be Willing to Work Overtime, Holidays and Rotating Shifts.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required for this position this position.
- Requires regular twisting/turning/squatting/bending/reaching/lifting and prolonged periods at a stationary/mobile work station.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Ability to maneuver packages of any weight above 20 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person.
Sit ‘n Sleep will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Sit ‘n Sleep. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations should submit a written request may contact the Human Resources Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 310-608-6838.
- No travel required
Required education and experience
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- Typing 40 wpm
- 2+ years Customer Service and/or Call Center experience
- Basic computer knowledge
- Proven ability to handle difficult Customer Service issues and negotiate win-win solutions.
- Excellent Phone Manner
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong multi-tasking abilities in a face paced environment
Work authorization requirements
Sit ‘n Sleep participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
Sit ‘n Sleep is an AA/ EEO employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is to acknowledge that I have received a copy of my job description and I understand that it contains information about my role and responsibilities. I agree to read and comply with the job description provided to me. I understand that the Company retains the right to make decisions involving employment as needed in order to conduct its work in a manner that is beneficial to the employees and the Company. I understand that this job description supersedes and replaces any and all prior job descriptions provided to me.
I understand that except for the policy of at-will employment, the Company reserves the right to revise, delete and add to the provisions of this job description at any time without further notice. I understand that no oral statements or representations can change the provisions of this Job Description. I understand that this job description is not intended to create contractual obligations with respect to any matters it covers and that this job description does not create a contract guaranteeing that I will be employed for any specific time period.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION OR IN ANY DOCUMENT OR STATEMENT, WRITTEN OR ORAL, SHALL LIMIT THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT-WILL. NO OFFICER, EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY IS AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT—EXPRESS OR IMPLIED—WITH ME OR ANY EMPLOYEE FOR EMPLOYMENT FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME. ANY AGREEMENT TO EMPLOYMENT FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME WILL BE PUT INTO WRITING AND SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT or CEO OF THE COMPANY.
Sit n Sleep Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Sit n Sleep Inc