Job Description Summary:
The Patient Advocate Liaison (PALs) is a key role in the transition of patient care into the home. PALs are responsible for coordinating services with internal and external partners to ensure the accuracy of all required documentation is of the highest quality while providing exceptional customer service. PALs are responsible for proactively building strong relationships with referral sources, account managers, facility liaisons and internal nursing, pharmacy and revenue cycle team members.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Initiate the intake process, gathers relevant data from referral sources and completes intake paperwork
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefits
- Obtain authorizations for services
- Complete start of care paperwork
- Coordinates the onboarding of referrals between different functional areas within Sisu Healthcare Solutions including Pharmacy, Nursing, Warehouse and Revenue Cycle.
- Contact patients prior to start of care to confirm information, notification of financial obligation and arrange any requests for payment.
- Proactively maintains and grows relationships with referral sources and serves as a key point of contact and representative of Sisu Healthcare Solutions. Attend meetings with key accounts as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information and observes legal guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Sisu Healthcare Solutions information.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, HCPC and CPT coding required
- At least 1-year previous intake experience including eligibility and authorization in home infusion.
- Basic personal computer skills required, prior experience with CPR+ or CareTend preferred.
- Mathematical skills sufficient to calculate price quotes
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Positive interpersonal relations, showing concern and respect for others
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Our clinical team of nurses and pharmacists work closely with physicians to develop a plan of care based upon the patient’s therapy. Our specially trained nurses assess the home setting, administer the medication and teach caregivers in the home. From pharmacokinetic monitoring to reviewing medication profiles our pharmacists are working closely with patients as well as their physician.