PLEASE NOTE: This is an in-office position located in Snohomish, WA.
SisAdmin is an award winning, outsourced IT company serving King and Snohomish counties. We help businesses build and manage IT platforms that can meet the demands of the 21st century – everyday and without interruption.
What is the job and what is required of the position?
We are adding a senior member to our technical team. The ideal candidate for this position is a “jack of all trades” who is driven by going the distance to conquer technical problems. Your initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and technical conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. While the job requires the ability to act independently, along with a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the team’s high standards of achievement are expected in this position.
Who is the right fit for this position?
You consider yourself an information technology expert and you enjoy and are challenged by varied activities in a multi-tasking, face paced environment. You are a problem solver and are comfortable with making quick decisions in response to changing conditions. You are extroverted, confident and enthusiastic which stimulates others and fosters collaboration that is focused on results.
FORMAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior Technical Services Engineer’s primary role is to drive complex technical issues to resolution while managing client expectations throughout the technical support life-cycle. This includes serving as ones the highest levels of technical expertise within the organization. The work varies and often originates within our technical delivery departments. This may include escalations received from clients as well as technical issues discovered during other facets of technical service delivery. The position also includes specific professional services assignments such as project tasks and deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide expert technical service and support for client networks via phone, email and/or remote connection, and onsite at client locations, covering all systems from desktops to servers to network equipment.
• Provide the highest level of technical support and expertise to both external customers and internal staff to ensure issues are resolved as effectively and expediently as possible
• Problem analysis, root cause identification, and final resolution documentation for all issues
• Review escalated issues to identify trends and communicate them via established internal channels
• Provide onsite response for issues that require or necessitate onsite presence
• Consistently meet or exceed customer expectations for responsiveness, timely status, resolution and overall customer experience
• Document client configurations and technical assets
• Create and maintain client-specific and technology-specific knowledgebase content
• Consistently model the highest levels of teamwork and professionalism
• Provide technical and soft-skill coaching and mentoring to peers
• Constantly learning and staying current with product releases, updates and environment changes
• Participate in on-call rotations as the highest tier level of technical expertise and ability
• 25% travel throughout the Puget Sound area
o Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation
o We reimburse for mileage as per our company reimbursement policy
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent relationship management, customer service, and communication skills and a confident, can-do attitude.
• Ability to quickly and accurately assess the technical aspects of a problem
• Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as part of a team
• Outstanding analytical, prioritization and organizational abilities
• Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with difficult customer situations
• Passion for resolving customer issues and advocating for their success
• Ability to follow checklists and standard operating procedures
• Ability to identify and communicate customer satisfaction issues and technical escalations
• Ability to report metrics and be accountable for meeting goals
• Regular time entry and service ticket updates
• Maintain education and advanced level knowledge of the Microsoft business stack, network infrastructure, and related technologies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Customer service orientation, strong technical aptitude, team player, and sound judgement are character traits that are essential for this position
• 7+ years in an enterprise and/or senior level technical support role
• 7+ years’ experience in the areas of systems administration, network administration, professional services or related discipline
• 7+ years’ experience and expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, etc.
• Experience supporting the Microsoft 365 product stack
• Experience supporting Microsoft Azure Cloud offerings tailored to the SMB market
• Very strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Advanced networking knowledge
• Experience supporting a variety of line of business applications and demonstrated ability to work with 3rd party vendors
• Experience troubleshooting desktop and server hardware, desktop peripherals, printers
• Experience supporting mobile devices running iOS and Android
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION:
After submitting your application for this position, please navigate to https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/5uj/STSE where you will be able to access two short surveys. The first is a two-page behavioral assessment. The survey contains no questions, but rather it is a free choice checklist of word responses to directions. The checklist of words is available in 70 languages and it is strongly recommended that you complete the survey in the language in which you are most comfortable. Though it is not timed, it takes less than 10 minutes of independent, uninterrupted time to complete.
The second is a 12-minute timed, cognitive assessment which simply measures an individual s learning style. It includes verbal, math and abstract reasoning questions. Following completion of the behavioral assessment, you will receive a link via email to this assessment and it is sent from The Predictive Index (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to check your junk mail if you are unable to find the email in your inbox. Please read the included instructions VERY CAREFULLY before completing. The assessment must be completed in one sitting. Please also turn off all cellular and other devices and make sure you are in an environment free of distractions and interruptions during the 12-minute timed assessment.
Why Work Here?SisAdmin is an award-winning Outsourced IT Company. We help businesses build and manage IT platforms that can meet the demands of the 21st century — every day and without interruption.
PSBJ Fastest Growing Top 100 company with a bright future! Outstanding career-growth opportunities and fantastic company culture!