Board Operator, Sports Play-by-Play - Part-Time
District Of Columbia
Type of Position
Location: Washington, D.C.
Responsible for all aspects of sports play-by-play game broadcasts including quality control, auditioning audio elements prior to broadcast, playing commercials and promos during breaks, following game format, logging highlights, recording the broadcast on CD as well as communicating with sports newsroom, supervisors and engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks audio equipment for proper functioning prior to going on air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions to engineers.
- Confirms audio feed provided is correct game broadcast scheduled.
- Auditions all audio elements prior to broadcast.
- Maintains knowledge of players and storylines involved in game being broadcast.
- Logs highlights during game broadcast for editing in sports newsroom.
- Communicates breaking sports news to sports newsroom.
- Runs audio workstation for various live sports game broadcasts.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards; communicates issues to sports supervisor and engineers.
- Plays all scheduled commercials and promos and understands when to play them on air.
- Follows game format of program content and breaks.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of experience producing and running an audio board.
- Must be available for weekends and night shifts.
- Strong knowledge of sports.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Previous use of Digital Audio Workstation software preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Company EEO Statement
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.