Sira Naturals Retail Security Specialist
Sira Naturals Somerville, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Retail Security Specialist is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the staff, guests, vendors, and premises of the Retail Dispensaries. Additionally, the Security Specialist will assist as needed with the deliveries of Sira Naturals products via company vehicles either as a driver or passenger. This position is based out of the Needham dispensary with the potential of travel to other dispensaries as needed.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points, and supervising product deliveries to the dispensaries.
- Acts in the role of dispatcher during product home deliveries as needed.
- Makes secure and monitored home deliveries with the Retail Home Delivery Drivers when needed.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms and/or contacting the proper authorities.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities by monitoring internal and external operations via CCTV, informing violators of policy and procedures, reporting trespassers to local authorities.
- Assists the Head of Security with compiling reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities and communicating those concerns regularly.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls, including controlling visitor access.
- Become familiar with the Cannabis Adult Use and Medical Use regulations.
- Maintains Company’s stability and reputation by enforcing and complying with company policies and legal requirements.
- Reports all facility safety and security issues to management.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment, treating everyone with dignity and respect while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- Multitasking experience strongly required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook Email.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
- Strong attention to detail and situational awareness.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Previous employment in driving and/or security preferred
- Familiar with operation and monitoring of security cameras and access systems
- Regularly works in outside conditions that included inclement weather, heat and humidity.
- The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Must be able to work flexible days/times as security hours can range from 5:00 am to 1:00 am seven days a week. Working alternative shifts, weekend days and past business hours are required sometimes with little notice.
- Must be able to constantly remain in a stationary position in the security booth or in company vehicle.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move about the inside and outside of the facility.
- Constantly operates a CCTV system, computer and other equipment such as a cell phone and GPS.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, visitors and vendors regarding security procedures. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently lifts, loads, unloads, moves, positions and transports items up to 50 pounds.
Benefits and Perks
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance after 60 days for Full-Time Employees
- Voluntary: Life, Disability and Accident Insurance for all Employees
- 401k plan with match after 90 days Employment
- 2 weeks of Paid Time Off, 1-week Sick time for Full-Time Employees
- Employee discount program available to Employees with Medical Card
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Real EstateView all jobs at Sira Naturals