- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a talented and skillful Painter to join our team. Your role is to apply paint to the inner or outer structure of the building to make it look more vibrant and attractive. You should have complete knowledge of the brushes and tools used in the painting. Attention to detail and the ability to provide the best results under all circumstances are the key requirements for this job.
If you think you are capable of providing us with the desired outcome then we would like to meet you.
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Knowledge of handling tools and equipment efficiently.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ensure the availability of all the equipment and helpers required for the task.
- Prepare the painting surface suitable for painting by washing and removing the existing one.
- Determine the level of mixing and matching the amount of paints required.
- Handle the work in a professional manner.
- Remove the paintings or furniture and ensure that the surface clearly painted.
- Coordinate with the customer or contractor to ensure they get what they require.
- Clean the mess and supplies once the project is completed.
- Ensure the work is done in a clean and tidy manner.
Basic Function: The first job of the Painter is to assist the Lead Painter in completing a job on budget to a happy customer, who will recommend our company. To participate in all activities related to the accomplishment of specific jobs. Must be able to perform all duties noted in this document, attend all necessary meetings, safety meetings, and adhere to all safety rules and common sense safe-working practices. Represents the core values of Sir Paints A Lot and holds team members accountable to them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must understand project flow and seek clarity where necessary
- Must understand project budget and hit daily production targets while maintaining quality and company/industry standards
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Crew Leader, Painters and Foreman/Owner, other trades, and homeowner.
- Must demonstrate consistent safe work habits.
- Must be capable of performing the majority of functions of a painter: site prep, masking, surface prep & cleaning, and painting/staining.
- Must be able to assist with teaching these functions to new & current team members.
- Must be capable of advanced surface prep & patching techniques.
- Must be capable in texture tools & techniques, matching and blending to an adjacent field.
- Must be proficient in brushing, rolling, and spraying. Able to paint windows, doors, soffits, fascia, cabinets, and shutters without supervision in a competent and timely manner in accordance with Sir Paints A Lot standards.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of job flow, execution, timelines, and project budgets with direction from Crew Leader.
- Basic knowledge of the qualities and adaptabilities of various surfacing materials, of the methods or preparing surfaces for finishing, and of the weather and wear resistance qualities of paints and other finishing materials.
- Must possess a basic understanding and be able to teach the proper setup and clean-up of paint sprayers.
- Apply paint to ceilings, walls, trim, furniture, and other building surfaces
- Examine and maintain painted exterior and interior painted surfaces, trimming, and fixtures
- Prepare surfaces and apply paints, stains, and clear finishes
- Remove previous paint by means of scraping, sanding, and other methods.
- Inspect and refurbish wall surfaces by means of the appropriate materials
- Apply wood finishing by suitably preparing a surface
- Teaches new team members
- Operate and maintain various power and manual tools
- Follow established protection and safety procedures
- Maintain a clean work environment: clean up the job site after work and return equipment and tools
- Is/becomes able to step into a Lead Painter position when they are not present.
An experienced Painter assists the crew leader in running projects in a timely manner that meets company standards. The Lead Painter will heavily depend upon the experienced Painter to achieve project goals and standards. The customers and our employees expect your very best effort and workmanship at all times. Expectations are not limited to workmanship but also entail the core values of the company(Excellence, Efficiency, Community). The image of our company is affected by the quality of your efforts. The quality of your efforts will affect customers’ willingness to bring our company back into their homes in the future, and their willingness to speak well of us to their family, friends, and co-workers; helping us build long-term relationships. This, in turn, enables us to provide year-round employment to you and all our employees. Each person in our company is depending upon you to take personal responsibility for the job you are assigned. We count on our crews to work as a team to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations and to build our company into an outstanding organization of which we can all be proud.
Sir Paints A Lot
ConstructionView all jobs at Sir Paints A Lot