Clinical Laboratory Technician I
Sinochips Diagnostics is a well-funded startup company providing clinical molecular testing services to US clients located within Kansas University Medical Center. Sinochips Diagnostics is seeking two Clinical Laboratory Technicians with its clinical diagnostic laboratory in Kansas City, Kansas.
This is a Full-Time position performs routine laboratory testing under general supervision. Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kansas City, KS are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Typical responsibilities of the Clinical Laboratory Technician I may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in all applicable training sessions.
- Follow all internal SOPs and external regulations, performs all assigned duties.
- Process and/or analyze clinical samples.
- Extract DNA from clinical specimens.
- Perform high-complexity testing.
- Perform records review and release test results.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed.
- Perform quarantine as required.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Conduct reagents inventory. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates.
- Review/train on new procedures.
- Adhere to the laboratory's competency program policies.
- If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines.
- If assigned, be able to participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
- If assigned, contact with clients may be required.
Must meet these requirements to be considered:
Personnel performing high complexity testing must have a minimum of one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution; or
- Associate degree in a laboratory science (chemical or biological science) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution, or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489 (see NOTE 2); or
- Meet other provisions defined in 42CFR493.1489(b)(2)(B)(4) or 42CFR493.1489(b)(2)(B)(5)(i) for personnel performing high complexity testing on or before April 24. 1995 (refer to the CLIA regulations for more details)
For high complexity testing, equivalent laboratory training and experience includes the following:
- 60 semester hours or equivalent from an accredited institution that, at a minimum, includes either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses, OR 24 semester hours of science courses that include six semester hours of chemistry, six semester hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology in any combination; AND
- Laboratory training including either completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by the ABHES, NAACLS, or other organization approved by HHS (note that this training may be included in the 60 semester hours listed above), OR at least three months documented laboratory training in each specialty in which the individual performs high complexity testing.
1-year Clinical experience (high-complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
- Must possess basic typing and computer skills.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be detail oriented and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess strong communication, organization, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to maintain patient and employee confidentiality.
- Must possess basic keyboarding skills and the ability to handle and operate laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and overtime when necessary.
- Knowledge of molecular testing, DNA extraction, PCR reaction.
Sinochips Diagnostics is an equal employment/affirmative action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Holidays required
- Weekends required