Scientist, Reagent Development, Biochemistry
Singular Genomics San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world's fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next generation sequencing (NGS) and multiomics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. Our novel Sequencing Engine is the foundational technology that drives Singular Genomics' products in development and our core product tenets: accuracy, speed, flexibility and scale.
We are passionate about the promise of genomics to improve human health and are committed to making it a reality. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
We are located in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub on the Torrey Pines Mesa close to the Pacific Ocean - next door to prestigious institutions like the Salk Institute, Scripps Research Institute, Sanford Burnham, and UCSD.
Singular is looking for a scientist who will work within an interdisciplinary team that develops novel techniques to manipulate nucleic acids and enzymes to enable novel NGS-approaches for improving human health in unprecedented ways. The scientist will assist in designing, implementing and validating assays and ideas that combine a wide variety of molecular techniques that involve DNA amplification, spatial structuring of nucleic acids, DNA-enzyme interactions and DNA-material interactions. The scientist will apply laboratory and analytical skills to execute high-quality experiments and solve tough technical challenges in close collaboration with chemists, engineers and molecular biologists.
You and the role:
- You will utilize a wide range of scientific techniques to develop and optimize reagents for NGS applications.
- A top priority will be designing, planning and executing experiments, including planning of follow-up experiments.
- A portion of your time will be spent completing, independently, analysis and interpretation of complex data.
- You are collaborative in nature and enjoy providing technical knowledge and support to fellow scientists and other team members.
- You can communicate with a high degree of acuity with engineering, surface chemistry, and bioinformatics teams.
- On a regular basis, you maintain current knowledge of literature and patents and actively contributes to the advancement of our intellectual property.
- You are enthusiastic about the opportunity to learn new complex instruments and methodologies for characterization of molecular phenomena, on macro- and microscales.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related field with 2+ yrs of industry experience or MS in Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related field with 5+ yrs of industry experience.
- Specific expertise in:
- Assay development/optimization involving nucleic acids and enzymes (including kinetic assays)
- Analytical/biochemical characterization of proteins and nucleic acids
- Molecular biology and DNA sequencing
- Fluorescent dyes
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DoE).
- Experience in HPLC instrumentation and method development.
- Maintain and monitor laboratory equipment.
- Creativity, passion, attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire and ability to work in a small interdisciplinary team to develop new technologies at a rapid pace.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
AddressSan Diego, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Singular Genomics