We are hiring in New York City! Join us at Single Stop for an exciting career as a Support Specialist.
Mission: To build pathways out of poverty by leveraging partnerships and technology to connect people to existing resources, all through a unique one-stop shop. www.singlestopusa.org
Fueled by state-of-the-art technology, a world-class staff, and our education and nonprofit network partners, Single Stop's vision is for every individual to have access to opportunities for achieving the American Dream. We are working to connect the 46 million individuals living in poverty to untapped local, state, and federal dollars and benefits to put them on the road to economic stability and prosperity.
Job Title: Support Specialist
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
The Support Specialist will design and develop training products for new and existing partners. They develop and update existing training materials and benefits eligibility. They will also act as a key member of the support team, providing on-call support on technology and benefits related issues to partners through various channels and contributing to the development and enhancement of Single Stop's broader support strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and update technology and public benefits training programs by reviewing and evaluating existing benefits programs, technology use, establishing key learning outcomes, identifying appropriate delivery methods, and developing methods to test knowledge gained from the trainings.
- Update benefits eligibility requirements for any benefits within the Single Stop Technology as well as any supporting materials.
- Create supporting materials for site partners (including agendas, presentations, and exercises for onboarding new site staff and refreshing existing staff, as well as materials for cross-training team members).
- Provide on-call support services to partners on technology, case management and benefits eligibility issues through text, email, and phone systems. Track support work using online tracking software.
- Facilitate one-on-one and group training sessions on technology, public benefits and services, as well as the case management process.
- Contribute to team effort to develop, implement, and evaluate client and partner support system on an ongoing basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned. This job description is not deigned to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of experience developing and facilitating trainings and/or giving presentations to both large and small groups.
- Knowledge of public benefits and the application processes.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer