Individual responsible for day-to-day accounting processes for private investment funds holding investments in private equity funds, hedge funds and private securities. Principal areas of responsibility include preparation of accounting records, managing account reconciliation process, reporting monthly valuations, and projects to assist the investment team with investment reporting. Additionally, the candidate will be required to communicate with Fund managers, banks, and auditors, as needed and help in preparation and filing of Tax forms.
Maintain books and records in accordance with the funds governing documents and ensure that there is supporting documentation for all transactions including calculations of management and performance fees.
Prepare monthly Net Asset Valuations and unaudited financial statements for the funds, with related pricing, cash reconciliation and supporting schedules for investments, shareholder transactions, and other financial statement accounts.
Preparation of schedules to assist tax preparers file required returns in a timely manner including the following IRS Forms 1099, 1065, 1120F, 1042 and Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR)
Ensure that all bank, custody accounts and lines of credit are reconciled, and that all activity is entered into the relevant system(s) on a daily basis.
Assist the auditors during the fund’s annual audit by preparing confirmation control sheets, year-end financial statements, as well as any other necessary supporting documentation. Also, field questions from the auditors on this information.
Essential Experience / Knowledge:
- B.S. in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Previous work reviewing and filing IRS Forms 1099, 1065, 1120F, 1042 and FBAR
- Proficiency in forming balanced journal entries using the correct Dr/Cr accounts based on the transaction being recorded
Desirable Experience / Knowledge:
- Hedge Fund/Private Equity partnership accounting experience
- Advanced user of technology including FIS’ Investran Software
- Previous work at Accounting or Auditing firm in their Investment Company Area
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail and results oriented
- Advanced user of Excel including Vlookups, slicers, pivot tables, external data queries