WJLA-TV is searching for a Director of Community Relations! As Director of Community Relations, you will facilitate engagement with the non-profit community for both public affairs sponsorship and revenue generation, maintain the Station's visibility in a positive fashion through scheduling talent appearances, media releases and acting as a Station representative at public events. Additionally, you will assist in creating and organizing special events and special programs to enhance the Station's public profile. The Director of Community Relations will be responsible for coordination with Station employees to ensure their cooperation with public efforts.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills are a must
- Client service skills a must
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong networking skills are a must
- Producing press releases
- Engaging the public at station events, on and off-site
- Creating excitement for all station initiatives to drive viewers to watch our shows or attend our events
- Hosting in house initiatives featuring the local community and clients
- Producing news segments for newscasts, including but not limited to developing ideas for segments, information gathering, and news writing
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!