Responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and advising on all Student Accounts activities, including but not limited to:
- Maintain student accounts software automated billing code and billing general ledger account structure.
- Establish, update, maintain, and communicate student accounts processes and procedures.
- Lead collaboration with staff in Admission, Financial Aid, the Registrar’s office, Housing, and Study Abroad to ensure that all data required for student billing is complete and accurate. Research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Provide timely and tactful responses and advising by phone, email, and in person for inquiries and requests concerning all Student Accounts activities while adhering to College policies and applicable laws. Demonstrate subject matter expertise and convey and promote exceptional customer service.
- Research and resolve student account issues and determine the best course of action with consideration for the interests of the students/parents and the College. Communicate the results to students and/or other interested parties as appropriate within the College’s procedures and applicable law.
- Prepare monthly General Ledger reconciliations for Student Accounts receivable and cash & loan clearing accounts. Prepare periodic reconciliations of commitment deposits and other balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Ensure that receipts through lockbox are properly credited to student accounts.
- Work with the Accountant to provide necessary aging reporting for student accounts to College leadership.
- Knowledge of Student Accounts management in higher education
- Impeccable customer service to students, parents, staff, and faculty
- Timely processing of student payments, refunds, and responses to communications – both phone and email
- Ability to be a self-starter and operate under minimal supervision
- Maintains and promotes strict confidentiality
- Problem solver, critical thinker, collaborator
- Interacts effectively and cordially with individuals from multiple constituencies in a diverse and socially aware environment.
- Ability to learn new software systems (knowledge of CX, CashNet, Powerfads, Workday a plus)
- Supervisory Responsibility: Provide direct supervision of the Student Accounts Assistant, a full-time, staff position.
- A bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent in a combination of educational/training and experience in addition to the required experience indicated below.
- Must have at least four years of student accounts, accounts receivable, bursar, or other closely related professional experience. Must have experience in collections or a closely related duty. Must have at least six months of experience supervising the work of others.