The Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for applying all cash received on a daily basis, researching and analyzing issues within the cash application process, and assisting with special requests as received.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Post daily receipts on a timely basis in order to ensure accurate maintenance of accounts receivable balances.
- Follow-up with the client when NSF checks come back to ensure a replacement payment is processed
- Analyze customer ledger records to ensure proper allocations have occurred so that A/R reports and general ledger accounting is accurate.
- Assists billing and collections department as needed
- Handle time-sensitive audit requests and see them to completion.
- Communicate with our Finance team in order to Identify intercompany payments
- Balance cash weekly with the GL team to ensure a smooth close process and catch discrepancies early.
- Ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people
- Demonstrates strong organizational, administrative and office keyboarding skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and work well under pressure.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum three years’ experience in banking, finance, or reimbursement,
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- CPR+ experience required
- Knowledge of medical/pharmacy insurance payments, EOB’s/remits helpful
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with supervisors, co-workers and other employees so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized.
- Exhibits a positive attitude toward the organization, his/her job and others.
- Shows concern and respect for others by dealing with people in a compassionate, sensitive and responsive manner.
- Promotes change and is proactive in suggesting change and new ways of doing things.
- Respects the confidentiality of others.
- Complies with company policies including employee handbook, quality improvement and safety guidelines.