Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) Project Manager
The DoS Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) program provides assistance to foreign governments to ensure that their strategic trade control (STC) systems meet international standards, to assist in establishing appropriate national legal authorities and independent capabilities to regulate legitimate trade in dual-use items and conventional arms, create authorities and capabilities to identify, interdict, and investigate illicit shipments by nefarious actors seeking to bypass the authorization system, and to prosecute those who violated the law.
EXBS program implementation includes technical assistance and training activities, legal-regulatory consultations, assessments of national export control systems in EXBS partner countries, equipment maintenance and repair, global and regional conferences, deployment and enhancement of automated licensing systems and upgrade of other tools, and training curriculum development. These activities facilitate long-term, systemic change.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed workplans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Baccalaureate or higher-level degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration and/or Management OR a combination of education and experience which furnished the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the requirements of this statement of work (SOW).
- Monitoring and Evaluation Experience. Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods and techniques to develop support deliverable criteria and metrics covering complex program mission and functions, and monitoring and evaluation techniques for advanced law enforcement training programs.
- Analytical skills. Must be able to review an organization's procedures and find ways to improve efficiency.
- Communication skills. Demonstrated advanced communication and conflict management skills are required.
- Detail oriented. Program managers must pay attention to details. This quality is necessary across a range of tasks.
- Leadership skills. In managing workers and coordinating administrative duties, program and project Managers must be able to motivate employees and deal with issues that may arise.
- Knowledge of, and skills related to the development of professional correspondence for use by project and program managers.
- Skilled in preparation, presentation, and evaluation of plans, designs, reports, and other correspondence.
- Knowledge of, and skill related to the development of program level correspondence.
- Knowledge and skill in program assessment techniques related to resource allocation, risk management, performance metrics and project execution.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as customer service skills due to daily inter-action with various levels of both international and domestic stakeholders. Oral and written fluency in English.
- Experience working with a diverse and often conflicting group of stakeholders on politically sensitive programming initiatives.
- Ability to perform without Government assistance or training.
Sincerus Global Solutions IncArlington, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.