IT Specialist/IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Time, in Office position located in: Rochester, NY, Everett (Seattle area), WA, or Toronto, Ontario
At SimuTech Group, we truly believe that we are driving innovation and changing the world through the power of engineering simulation. Our growing team of energetic, tech savvy professionals work hard every day to inspire our clients to push the boundaries of innovation and deliver transformational products. If you are motivated and driven by a culture where excellent work ethic and passion are rewarded, then a career with SimuTech Group may be for you!
Looking for your next career move? Help today’s engineers build tomorrow’s products by providing solutions and guidance with the power of simulation.
We are seeking an outstanding IT Specialist or ambitious IT Support Specialist who is passionate about technology and helping people to join our IT Team. Our team is responsible for all internal IT infrastructure and support in addition to licensing and installation support for our external customers using Ansys* software. We will rely on you to provide responsive, efficient, and effective IT Support. In this role you will be focused on serving both external and internal customers, while performing systems maintenance and assisting with IT projects as needed.
** Ansys is the dominant physics simulation software used widely by engineers worldwide. We do not expect you to have prior experience with it. However, our customers representing all major industries will rely heavily on your logical and technical troubleshooting abilities as you continuously learn new technology quickly.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Ansys Licensing and Installation Technical Support (~70% of position)
- Provide high quality support to external customers via Salesforce ticking system and remote support meetings
- Troubleshoot both basic and complex Ansys related issues, gather and review diagnostic logs, escalate to and involve Ansys direct as needed.
- Create Knowledge Base articles for our public facing KB o For more info visit – https://install.simutechgroup.com
IT Help Desk Support (~20% of position)
- Support & troubleshoot all common user hardware and software questions and issues for internal users.
- User Onboarding Including User Hardware/Software Setup and Training
- Accurately Maintain & Update Asset Inventory and Documentation
- Assist with IT Projects & System Maintenance (~10% of position)
- Examples may include migrating domain computers to AzureAD assisting our server admin with racking and connecting a new firewall or server, etc.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant IT experience or equivalent education or IT certifications
- Strong understanding of Windows OS’s and their configuration
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced software and hardware problems efficiently and effectively
- Troubleshoot common network issues within a business environment
- Support & troubleshoot all common and desktop applications including O365
- Must be permanently authorized to work in Canada or US
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Good communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work well both in a group and independently.
- Excellent English-based technical writing and verbal skills
- Industry Certifications or Memberships
- Basic Scripting/Programming
- FLEXlm License Manager
- O365 Administration / Intune Device Management
- Advanced networking
Qualities Found in our Ideal Candidate:
- Top-Notch customer service and mindset
- Adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Loves learning new technology and can do so quickly
- Enjoys staying updated on new technological advances
- Genuinely enjoys and gets satisfaction from helping others
- Extremely strong logical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities reliably while meeting expectations
- A natural high attention to detail
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
Advantages of Working at SimuTech:
- Strong culture where people are our most valuable asset
- Work environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork, flexibility and fun alongside hard work and results
- Opportunity to learn from and be mentored by several experienced IT professionals
- Opportunity to work with exciting technology as part of a small team
- Growing team with a small company feel
- You directly see and experience the impact you make
- Support customers who are tackling fascinating engineering problems and occasionally assisting customers solving simulations on 1000+ core HPC clusters.
- Trusted partner to customers (Ansys Channel Partner of the Year in 2020)
- Receive the support you need to succeed in your role
- Competitive compensation package supplemented by phenomenal benefits! · Don’t just take our word for it, check out our reviews on Glassdoor!
About the Company:
SimuTech Group, Inc. is a company of 125+ professionals across the US and Canada. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY in a brand-new high-tech facility opened in 2020 with additional facilities located in Atlanta, Cleveland, Seattle, Montreal and Toronto. We have a 35+ year relationship with Ansys, Inc., a NASDAQ 100 company, and we are their largest Elite Channel Partner in North America. We sell world-class Ansys engineering simulation software as well as support, training, consulting and physical testing services. We are a Rochester Top 100 company with plans to continue to grow.
Simu Tech Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Simu Tech Group