Warehouse Team Leader
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $50,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, life insurance, medical, vision,
This is a position for a player-coach - a hands-on manager who is both an experienced team leader and an active team member. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for overseeing and participating in the timely and efficient completion of all aspects of pulling, staging, and packaging orders, shipping and receiving, managing warehouse inventories, assembly and fabrication resource allocation, and the maintenance of equipment and facilities.
If you are the ideal candidate, you can demonstrate strong leadership and personnel management skills but are willing to work alongside your team members daily. You are familiar with the various phases of a construction project and/or can read basic construction drawings and understand dimensions in both standard and metric units of measurement. You see and care about the big picture of the overall operations of a growing locally owned company and pay attention to the small details. You have the ability to adapt to change as you are always willing to pitch-in wherever you are needed doing whatever it takes to deliver value to customers and increase company revenue (and your profit-sharing bonus).
- Plan and schedule daily shipping and receiving activities as needed in response to workload demands. Offering direction to the team members.
- Shipping: Picking, packing, crating, labeling, etc. Process internal order paperwork in an organized and timely fashion packing of customers order in a neat, professional, and safe manner.
- Receiving: Unload of product and count of physical inventory confirming accuracy, notifying office of any descriptions.
- Perform QC inspections of incoming goods. Notifying vendor of non-conformance
- Assign and store materials or items to be stocked on racks / shelves according to bin location, updating Macola ERP system.
- Identify and locate storage / bin locations of new items, updating Macola ERP system
- Fabrication on Valve and Actuation Orders. Perform other fabrication as needed.
- Conduct and manage physical inventory counts identifying improvement.
- Assure all items leaving Simtech are verified for accuracy.
- Daily organization warehouse and pipe yard. Maintain uncluttered floors and aisles.
- Daily clean-up of warehouse and Shipping/Receiving work areas and work surfaces
- Maintains inventory of shipping supplies
- Safely operate forklift, aisle-picker, and hand-truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work areas.
- Comply with all safety standards and requirements when operating machinery.
- Ensure routine maintenance of equipment including battery charging and fuel supplies. Notify management promptly of all equipment service, repair, or replacement needs.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED
- 7 to 10 years' warehouse/shipping/receiving or assembly/fabrication experience
- 7 to 10 years’ experience supervising personnel in a small business environment
- Previous industrial distribution, manufacturing, construction, or mechanical/repair experience
- Ability to read and add/subtract measurements in both standard (fractions) and metric systems
- Basic computer skills in MS Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to lift-up to 50 pounds routinely
- High mechanical aptitude with willingness and ability to learn fabrication skills
- History of maintaining workplace cleanliness and organization.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean DMV record
- Drug screen and background check required for employment
- Pipe, fitting, valve, or related experience, especially valve actuation and assembly
- Experience managing monthly warehouse expenses and annual budget
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance experience
- Welding training and experience
- Packaging and crate building experience
- Shipping and receiving (UPS WorldShip software, common carrier estimating, etc.)
Compensation / Benefits
- 45,000 to 55,000
- Major Medical, prescription
- 401K with company contribution.
- Profit sharing bonus package.
- Vacation plan with Paid Holidays
Simtech Process Systems
47-A Runway RoadPhiladelphia, PA
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?