Job Title: General Laborer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $15 - $17 based on experience
- Medical & Dental covered 50%
We are looking for a General Laborer to take up manual labor tasks and support operations in worksites. Training will be provided and advancement into a full time carpentry role is available.
One of the most important general laborer responsibilities is to collect trash, debris and other waste to keep the site clean and safe. You’ll also get to handle power tools and materials (such as saws and drills).
We’d like you to have stamina and the ability to lift heavy loads. You should be able to concentrate on performing your tasks and commit to safety rules. If you fit this description, and you’re also interested in doing tough but important work, we’d like to meet you.
- Clean up worksites from hazardous or obsolete material
- Assist carpenters and installers on-site
- Handle and transport materials and equipment
- Use power tools under supervision
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labor tasks (e.g. digging, stacking up goods)
- Put up warning signs (e.g. signposts, cones) for vehicles and passersby
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Must have a clean Drivers License
- Trainability and willingness to learn on the job
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 40 pounds etc.)
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery is a plus
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Commitment to safety rules
- Apprenticeship or specialization is an asset, but not necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.