Account Director - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
SimpsonScarborough is an integrated marketing and branding agency that serves higher education clients. We spend our days building brands that endure, inspire, and elevate the all-important work of colleges and universities in shaping our future. Recognized as a leader in the higher ed marketing industry, our company runs a fully remote team of approximately 75 employees coast to coast with collections of employees in Alexandria, VA.; Greenville, SC.; Rochester, NY; Los Angeles, CA; and Columbus, OH. You’ll have an opportunity to work alongside respected colleagues who are challenged in their roles, excited for the future, and make each other and our work better.
We are a growing team looking for an experienced accounts director to lead integrated marketing and branding projects from sales through delivery. You will orchestrate the work of diverse teams comprising data analysts; writers and designers; and brand, media, creative, and digital strategists in planning and executing comprehensive market research studies, brand and competitor analyses, marketing and branding strategies, comprehensive university website redesigns, and brand and advertising campaigns that help colleges and universities reach and recruit prospective students and faculty and grow their reputation in a competitive marketplace. We are looking for individuals who are passionate and knowledgeable about higher education, who value and practice cross-team collaboration, and who excel at cultivating and maintaining trusted relationships with clients and their colleagues.
- Providing overall strategic insight and direction across project lifespans to ensure all deliverables meet client/project timeline and objectives.
- Managing continuity across not only individual project phases but also multiple client projects to ensure overarching work for a client is cohesive and reflective of established strategy.
- Lead high-level client calls and meetings, providing industry knowledge and insights.
- Manage client expectations and satisfaction, including leading crisis/issues management.
- Take a leadership role in agency sales efforts, including prospecting for new work, growing current client projects and accounts, developing proposals, and pitching work.
- Actively participate in agency marketing efforts, including contributing to content creation and thought leadership, presenting at conferences, and representing the agency in the media.
- We believe in research, so we did ours. Relevant work experience is not a predictor of future performance. Both a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent practical experiences will be treated equally
- Experience in the higher education marketing/communications/advancement industry preferred but not required; agency experience is also a plus
- 8-10 years of experience in client-facing roles
- Strong communication skills - listening, speaking and writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to inspire, lead, and support 5-10 person remote project teams in delivering high-quality work
- Demonstrated understanding of market research, brand and content strategy, marketing planning, and digital marketing principles
- Demonstrated ability to manage to a budget, grow client relationships and accounts, and diplomatically navigate project challenges
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range begins at $80,000 and will extend based on candidate experience and capability.
- SimpsonScarborough offers a full benefits package, including nationwide health coverage, dental, vision, a 401k, PTO, paid parental leave, and over 15 holidays per year. Our salary will be commensurate with your experience, so be ready to let us know what you're seeking. Please submit your cover letter and resume to this posting.
SimpsonScarborough is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strict anti-harassment policy and a no tolerance non-discrimination policy. We welcome employees of all backgrounds regardless of nationality, race, religion, gender identity, veteran status, politics, favorite sports team, ability to spend a weekend on a Netflix binge, and all characteristics protected by state and federal law. Come as you are; we will be proud to have you on our team!
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?