Education Program Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
Apply Here: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/Simpson.jobs?ShowJob=453142092&TrackId=ZipRecruiter
The Education Program Coordinator supports the Dean of Education, Directors of Student Teaching, Preliminary Administrative Services Credential, and Master’s Degree programs. This position is responsible for processing new student applications, coordinates Education Office events and meetings, and assists with the proper maintenance of all records needed by the School of Education for credentialing and accreditation.
Bachelor’s degree in education or related field preferred
Minimum of two years office experience required
Knowledge of and experience in education credentialing field preferred
Ability to work efficiently in a small office with some cross-training required
Ability to work as a team member
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information, data, and records
Proficiency in MS Office software including: Word, Excel, Outlook and institutional database software (e.g. Canvas, Colleague, FileMaker Pro)
- Candidate must reflect an effusive faith in Christ
- Demonstrate Simpson University Values in the performance of all duties
- Maintain lifestyle in accordance with Simpson University Lifestyle Policy in Staff Handbook
- Maintains the confidentiality of information, data and records.
- Effective communication skills: timely, tactful, diplomatic, discrete and encouraging.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills in the performance of job duties.
- Demonstrate good organizational and communication skills in the performance of job duties.
- Supports the overflow needs of other departments within the respective university area
- Performs other duties in accordance with this position as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor
- Processing of new student applications.
- Support for Programs: Teacher Credentialing, Preliminary Administrative Services Credential, M.A in Education program, Liberal Studies (TUG)
- Retention Process
- Meetings and SOE Events
- Work closely with Admissions in the processing of new student applications: work with candidates to gather required documents, schedule interviews, assist with registration, etc.
- Respond to phone and email queries regarding the credentialing process.
- Retention: Track registration and edit Retention Document.
- Coordinates all Education Department events including Credentialing Ceremonies, Orientations, Commencement, and Advisory Board Breakfasts
- Oversees maintenance of Education and institutional databases including FileMakerPro.
- Support for Dean of Education
- Support Dean in preparation of course schedules, textbooks, communication with adjuncts
- Support for Director of Student Teaching
- Assists the Credential Analyst with assigned projects.
- Supports Dean in ordering textbooks.
- Schedule PASC Oral Defense
- Submit orders for supplies and materials for School of Education operations and events.
- Maintain an Education Program Coordinator Manual
- Maintain files for hiring of adjuncts.
- Assists with MOUs with partnering school districts for student teaching placements
- Assists with maintaining records required for accreditation
- Under the direction of Dean, send out accreditation surveys
EducationView all jobs at Simpson University