Simpson Healthcare is a strategic scientific agency that Builds Brand Health for our clients and we're currently expanding. We need a Scientific Sales Director to join our dynamic team. The Scientific Sales Director will directly contribute to revenue growth through the cultivation and closure of business opportunities with existing and new pharmaceutical and life sciences accounts, actively manage our sales pipeline and related activities to achieve sales objectives and ensure Simpson Healthcare's brand is properly represented and promoted throughout the client experience...interactions, communications and deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to revenue growth through the cultivation and closure of business opportunities with existing and new pharmaceutical and life sciences accounts
- Conduct research and foster networking to discover new opportunities and penetrate new accounts.
- Leverage internal resources, client relationships, industry knowledge and investigative resourcefulness to acquire a thorough understanding of client's business environment, objectives and challenges.
- Establish meaningful, professional relationships with various client stakeholders, influencers and contacts including gaining understanding of their individual roles, desired outcomes, communication preferences and personal motivators.
- Leverage client relationships to continuously expand contact base and discover new business opportunities.
Actively manage our sales pipeline and related activities to achieve sales objectives
- Prepare a sales plan that establishes key strategies, activities and supporting metrics to achieve sales objectives.
- Effectively manage the sales pipeline, including prospecting, qualification, needs analysis, proposal, close, project management and ongoing account management.
- Track and report on all opportunities, key milestones, support requirements, etc.
- Brainstorm ideas for new programs and business development opportunities.
Ensure Simpson Healthcare's brand is properly represented and promoted throughout the client experience...interactions, communications and deliverables
- Contribute to client meetings that clearly differentiate Simpson Healthcare in the industry.
- Collaborate with internal project team members to ensure client expectations are being met.
- Synthesize client feedback for implementation by project team members.
- Contribute to enhanced customer service through timeliness and quality of communications and deliverables, including thorough hand-offs to internal project teams.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- At least 5-7 years experience in similar roles, preferably in an agency, pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- Strong communicator in both written and verbal forms with a proven ability to effectively establish and nurture client relationships.
- Experience with medical communications or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Proven success with prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle, proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level executives and other decision makers.
- Excellent technology skills with a high proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook) and web-conferencing are a must.
- Bachelors degree preferably with an emphasis in Marketing, Business, Science or equivalent experience.
- An efficient and persuasive speaker and writer who can communicate with a wide range of audiences.
- Great team player with a strong drive and willingness to take initiative.
- Available to travel as required, may be up to 50% of the time.