Nurse Practitioner (PRN) - Emergency Department
Simpson General Hospital Mendenhall, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At SGH, we pride ourselves in providing high quality healthcare in a hometown environment!
- Nurse Practitioner
- Simpson General Hospital - Emergency Department
- Chief of Staff/Medical Director
- Two (2) years of clinical nursing experience is preferred.
- Graduate of a Master's, post-Master's or doctorate Nurse Practitioner program is required.
- As needed
Under the direction of the facility Hospitalist(s), the Nurse Practitioner assists the physician in the clinical assessment and management of assigned patients' continuum of care. Renders services utilizing advanced nursing practice skills within the scope of practice by the Mississippi Board of Nursing and facility's delineation of privileges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic medical assessments and formulates plan of care, orders appropriate tests, prescribes pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies, recommends appropriate referrals to other health professionals; demonstrates responsible decision making in planning, providing, and delegating of patient care based on assessment/continuous reassessment; demonstrates appropriate response to and/or reporting of changes in clinical condition to appropriate provider and/or staff.
- Establishes and maintains two-way communication with peers, staff, physicians and administration; maintains communication with referring and primary care physicians; communicates necessary information and/or provides consult to patient insurance carriers as appropriate.
- Communication and follow through on issues or concerns and communicates information using appropriate chain of command.
- Documents patient chart accurately, legibly and timely according to facility and regulatory standards.
- Participates in continuing education relating to assigned patient care unit/specialty, in-service education, and department/facility meetings.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement Efforts to ensure program effectiveness.
- Adapts and supports change in a positive and professional manner. Cooperates with peers and supports group decisions.
- Maintains validated competency skills as required for the assigned patient care unit.
- Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills according to the appropriate population group; identifies needs of the patient, family member and caregivers.
- Plans and provides comprehensive care of patients in collaboration with the Hospitalist(s) Physicians; knowledge of Pharmacy processes as they apply to assigned patient care unit functions.
- Rounds as directed, with physicians when possible, to plan and manage patient care; assists physician as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and hospital staff
- Basic computer skills
- Professional, friendly attitude
- Excellent bedside manner
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures
- Working knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Conducts clinical hourly rounding
The Nurse Practitioner must have the ability to move around freely, walk and stand for long periods of time; use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired; use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls; bend or twist their body; understand the speech of another person and speak clearly so listeners can understand; and see details of objects that are less than a few feet away and at a distance.