SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 7,000 customers and 2 major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our leadership team's broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is responsible for leading and managing strategic initiatives/projects for the Revenue Operations team. The Revenue Operations team is responsible for shepherding small business applications for health, dental, and vision insurance through the approval process with our insurance carrier partners, maximizing conversion, efficiency and customer experience. In studying various funnels, such as new business, broker of record changes, or renewals, you will be expected to identify opportunities to increase conversion and efficiency. You'll have unique insight and access into application and approval issues and you'll use data analytics to propose process improvements or product enhancements improve the customer enrollment experience.
This role requires productive collaboration with other members of the team who 1) submit the applications to insurance carriers, 2) communicate with customers, and 3) interact with carriers to resolve friction or exceptions in the process. You'll be expected to get your hands dirty to understand process nuances and complexities. You'll construct persuasive cases for and against certain courses of action. You'll have executive-level visibility and understanding of growth drivers of the overall business. You'll act as an example and mentor to both people on the team and outside the team. This is a great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a quickly growing company.
This position requires complex problem solving, attention to detail, sophisticated analytical skills, competence to work with senior executives, and excellent communication skills. You must possess a positive attitude, the ability to switch priorities and maintain grace under pressure in a fast-paced environment. As a critical member of the Revenue Operations team, you will be responsible for growing the company's revenue by increasing the number of small business groups and employees purchasing insurance through SimplyInsured.WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
- 2+ years experience in startup operations, finance, consulting, or a similarly demanding role
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in any relevant field (STEM, business, economics)
- Process and efficiency expert with knack for identifying bottlenecks and finding shortcuts
- Clear communicator, thoughtful listener, and highly perceptive
- A self-motivated and proactive team-player, working quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints, with minimal supervision
- Desire to roll-up your sleeves to see a project to successful completion
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Analytical skills, including expertise with spreadsheet analysis
- High attention to detail and orientation toward building repeatable processes
- Experience with CRM and salesforce automation systems
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Offsite retreats every 100 days - we have the ability and drive to iterate quickly and this helps us all stay on the same page and develop new ideas
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success