Simply Mac is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Controller with reconciliations, adjusting journal entries, analysis, and other accounting related tasks. The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Preparation and entry of period-end (month, quarter, year) adjusting journal entries.
· Reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts.
· Researching differences between subledger systems and the general ledger.
· Assisting with financial reporting.
· Assisting with audits and reviews.
· Identify opportunities for process improvement and work on cross-functional teams to implement the needed changes.
In addition, the successful candidate for this position will be expected to meet the following general qualifications:
· 2 – 4 years of relevant experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Strong analytical and technical accounting skills.
· Familiarity with principles of account reconciliation, documentation, internal controls, and financial reporting.
· Able to work under demanding time constraints and goals.
· Strong Excel skills.
· Ability to work well in a team setting.
· Available to work non-standard hours to meet close and audit timelines.
· Responsible and reliable.
· Expert ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
· Consistently model Simply Mac’s commitment to a respectful, diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
· Consistently demonstrate a commitment to Simply Mac policies and procedures, including but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Work Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Paid time off