- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Simply Dental Management is a well-established multi-disciplinary Dental Support Organization (DSO) and are looking to hire a seasoned multi entity, multi-location Controller who excels working in a growth environment. We currently have 40+ locations across MA, NH, CT & NY and are looking to continue to grow.
The Controller is responsible for directing all aspects of accounting and financial reporting as well as managing various aspects of the financial department including budgeting, internal financial controls and audit practices. The Controller develops and leads the strategic direction and daily execution of key accounting and finance roles including but not limited to accounts payable, and payroll.
The Controller will report directly to the CFO and will assist the leadership team in developing analysis for key decision making, including maintaining financial reporting and KPI's and driving decisions on cash planning and capital structure.
· Maintain System of Accounts: Oversee the maintenance of company books and records on all transactions and assets for all practices. Develop efficient protocols and internal controls to safeguard company information.
· Establish and Maintain Accounting and Finance Policies and Procedures: Create and enforce the execution of accounting processes and controls, including cash and credit management, and the ongoing coordination with management and employees.
· Prepare Monthly Financial Statements: Prepare, verify and disseminate financial reports as necessary and appropriate for the CEO, CFO, corporate office, project management, and outside agencies.
· Analyze and Interpret Financial Information: Utilize statistical accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and effectiveness of the organization.
· Manage Relationships with Lenders and Maintain Compliance with Debt Agreements: Maintain relationship with and produce required reporting for third-party debt financing provider and monitor debt levels and compliance with covenants. When needed, assist in raising incremental financing.
· Lead Financial Planning and Decision Making: Coordinate and direct budgeting, investment activities and financial planning, including providing oversight in the development of financial analysis to complement accounting information and support decision making by management.
· Comply with Legal Requirements: Understand and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions.
· Manage, Lead and Mentor Finance and Accounting Staff: Be accountable for leading, developing and maintaining an effective accounting team to deliver required services to support the organization. Manage the employment activities of team members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, coaching, compensation, discipline and termination.
· Ensure Accuracy, Timeliness and Confidentiality: Participate in timely closing processes, performing reviews of expenses to ensure the financial statements are accurate and complete, and that operations are protected by keeping financial information and plans confidential when appropriate.
· Provide Excellent Internal and External Customer Service: Deliver an excellent customer service experience by consistently demonstrating company's performance standards each and every day. These performance standards include: Attitude, Responsiveness, Communication, Privacy, Teamwork and Accountability.
· Manage Real Estate: Compile monthly reconciliation for Rental income, Rental expense, Asset, Depreciation Expense and Fixed Asset in process. Verify all invoices from landlords to the lease agreements for payment. Process asset additions, disposals, transfer and depreciation in QB Fixed Asset system for several business entities. Prepare journal entries for fixed assets and reclassify entries. Prepare municipal property income and expense reports. Reconciliation of municipal property tax valuations against property tax returns.
· Manage Company Insurance Policies: Be accountable for managing the company Malpractice Insurance, Auto Insurance & Liability Insurance.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in Financial/Accounting Management role
· BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Major
· CPA preferred, but no required
· ERP implementation experience
· Experience working in managing multiple corporations with a remote workforce
· Proven ability to lead and manage a team of 3 - 5 employees
· Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative, handling and prioritizing multiple competing assignments and effectively managing deadlines
· Strong accounting systems and Excel spreadsheet skills.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate financial information into sound business language
· Experience with Office 365 Suite platform
· Experience working in Dental is a plus
· Real Estate experience is a plus
This position is a standard Full Time position, with general business operating schedule, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travel is not needed as the company headquarters are located in Hopkinton, MA
Simply Dental Management Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Simply Dental Management Inc