Vice President of Finance and Accounting – Simply Biotech
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting biotech company?! Then we’ve got the right team for you! In this role, you’re responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for a Vice President of Finance and Accounting in Santa Clara, CA who possesses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Business, etc.
- Must have previous experience as a Controller or Sr Manager of Accounting or related
- 3+ years’ national or large regional public accounting experience
- CPA or CMA strongly preferred
- Must have previous experience presenting to a board
Email your resumes to email@example.com or call 858.239.2849
The selected candidate will further possess:
- Four-year degree in Accounting, business or related field from an accredited college or university; CPA or CMA strongly preferred.
- Strong GAAP knowledge.
- National or large regional public accounting experience (3-5 years) a plus.
- A minimum of five years of Controller level experience (manufacturing preferred but not required).
- Multiple subsidiary consolidation experience as Controller.
- Thorough knowledge of financial performance drivers, accounting principles, procedures and systems with a solid understanding of accounting, tax, treasury, cash flow, and internal controls.
- Continual improvement mindset.
- Desire to lead and hold him/herself accountable.
- Highest ethical standards and values.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required and proficiency in the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Word, and PowerPoint). Sage accounting software experience a plus. Forecasting software experience is a plus.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Consolidate Corporate and Regional Plant results. Maintain the general ledger and accounting records in compliance with GAAP for the organization and manage the closing process. Ensure accounting records are accurate and updated timely. Manage Regional Plant Controllers and local plant accounting.
- Prepare and issue financial statements and ancillary reports in accordance with approved Finance calendar.
- Prepare monthly financial review and FP&A for CEO/CFO review in support of meetings with Operations management and Regional Plant Controllers and prepare timely MD&A of results for senior management, Board of Directors and investors. (FP&A, manage further staff)
- Integrate accounting reporting for acquisitions and assure common accounting, Chart of Accounts, reporting, and analysis. Migrate accounting to Corporate reporting using Sage accounting software.
- Participate in M&A as necessary for Accounting issues.
- Collaborate with Regional Plant Controllers to resolve any accounting issues resulting from operations.
- Oversee and issue weekly published 13-week Cash Flow Forecasts.
- Develop and maintain solid accounting policies.
- Ensure a strong system of internal controls exists and is monitored.
- Coordinate the annual audit, including the preparation of external financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Federal and state tax returns. Ensures state and local tax compliance.
- Manage daily cash flow and availability reporting including initiating borrowings and repayments under the revolving credit facility, opening and closing new bank accounts, etc.
- Prepare and manage monthly and quarterly loan compliance certificates, including monthly borrowing base, quarterly covenant calculations, etc.
- Oversee monthly intercompany billings, allocations, and the JE’s and maintain certain G/L accounts for assigned divisions, as needed.
- Work with property & casualty insurance brokers to facilitate the annual insurance renewals, including development of exposure data, evaluation of proposed insurance providers/policies, etc.
- Coordinate annual insurance premium audits and prepare insurance allocations to the subsidiaries.
- File state tax reports and annual reports, fictitious name filings, etc.
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, including customer credit allowance and management.
- Migrate locally controlled AP, AR and cash management to a consolidated corporate function.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org call 858.239.2849
More information can be found at www.simplybiotech.com