Research Scientist II - 12211
Simply Biotech Fort Myers, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Research Scientist II – Simply Biotech
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting biotech company?! Then we have got the right team for you! In this role, you are responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for a Research Scientist II at our client, an “essential business”, located in Aliso Viejo, CA who possess:
- MS or PhD (PhD preferred)
- 2+ years of industry experience with an MS or 1+ years of industry experience with an PhD
- Must have experience with CAP/CLIA regulations
- Must have experience with assay development and validation
- Must have experience with NGS Platforms (Illumina, Ion Torrent, Nanopore, etc.)
- Automation experience is a plus (Hamilton, Tecan, Agilent, etc.)
Email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.633.2357
FULL DESCRIPTION: This position will report directly to the director of R&D. This position is primarily a lab-based position and will assist R&D in developing and validating NGS assays (or other molecular assays) for targeted cancer therapy to prepare new applications for CAP, CLIA, NCI-Match, NYS, FDA submissions. The person will also be responsible for develop/performing custom services or validation/troubleshooting of assays required for preliminary for prospective clinical trials
The selected candidate will further possess:
- Experience making NGS Sequencing libraries (e.g. RNA, targeted, exome, WGS, etc.)
- Established scientific/technical writing and presentation skills; publication/manuscript/CAP/CLIA/NYS validation, NIH grant experience greatly preferred.
- Working knowledge of common genomic terminology (exome, targeted RNA/DNA panels, gene structure), databases (UCSC/EBI/NIH), genome versions, and tools used in genomics (e.g. dbSNP, COSMIC, ClinVar, UCSC genome browser, Galaxy, IGV)
- Preferred experience background in genetic/genomic testing especially cancer or somatic testing. (e.g. Targeted high depth panels)
- Analysis experience of genomic datasets (RNAseq profiling, somatic analysis, bioinformatics QC of libraries), use of common bioinformatics tools (TopHat, BWA, GATK, etc…)
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Perform general molecular bench work related to DNA and RNA genomic experiments such as microarray, next generation sequencing, high throughout PCR, sanger sequencing, RNA profiling.
- Conduct general molecular biology experiments such as tissue and cell culture, RNA/DNA isolation, cDNA/cRNA synthesis, PCT, RT-PCR, ligation, sonication, etc.
- Order and maintain laboratory inventory including reagents, solutions, etc.; (4) operate instruments for example for automation e.g. Hamilton/Tecan instrument platforms i.e. NGS platforms (Illumina, Ion Torrent, Nanopore, etc), QC instruments for example Fragment Analyzer, Agilent, qubit, nanodrop; extraction instruments (QiaCube).
- Conduct basic extraction and QC analysis.
- Participate in different research projects/activities involving internal study and prepare figures and tables for publication, applications, and validations if needed.
- Carry out the daily NGS activities, prioritize and organize tasks, be detail minded, and be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing with all personnel.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or call 858.633.2357
More information can be found at www.SimplyBiotech.com
Helping People Succeed.
As a part of the TalentZök family, we focus on helping you identify the best talent. Whether you’re seeking temporary help or help on a direct hire basis, Simply Biotech and the TalentZök family of companies can connect you to the right person for the job.
Biotech. It’s all we do.
We believe that effective and successful recruiting must be specialized. It is the only way to truly know both companies and job seekers and the most effective way to bring them together. At Simply Biotech, we focus only on the biotech/device industry.
No “resume farming” here
The most talented people rarely post their resumes to job boards. They are out there working, untapped. Many don't even know they are interested in better opportunities because they are passive job seekers. You want the best person for the job and chances are, the best person doesn't have their resume posted. They may even be working for your competitor. So searching the job boards along with every other biotech firm won't get you the result you're looking for. Only old-fashioned recruiting - picking up the phone, networking and finding the talent in the workforce - will get you the perfect match.
Thank you for calling
We've picked up that old book on customer service, dusted it off, and put it back into practice. How many times have you left a message and never heard back? At Simply Biotech, customer service is our priority. We return calls promptly. We don't let you fall through the cracks. It sounds so simple yet so few know how to do it right.
We do our homework - to save you time
Before filling a position, we speak with many of the people involved in making the decisions and ask quite a few questions. While this takes a little longer in the beginning of the process, it allows us to better understand what’s most important in a candidate. That way, we send only qualified candidates who will be in line with what you’re looking for.
Many recruiters just forward resumes to clients. At Simply Biotech, we conduct a thorough interview with each candidate before presenting them to you. We speak with them about their experience at each position and find out who they reported to, what their responsibilities were, and why they left. Many times this uncovers information that is omitted in the resume and that may be vital to your decision. We feel that it is our responsibility to thoroughly screen candidates before presenting them to you. This process results in fewer, better candidates for you to consider - and saves you time.
Simply BiotechWhy Work Here?
Great benefits once hired on and stable Co.!
IT'S ALL WE DO. We believe that effective and successful recruiting must be specialized, both in industry and geography. It is the only way to truly know both companies and job seekers and the most effective way to bring them together. THE INSIDER'S NETWORK When you register with us, we plug you into an existing network of companies that don’t always post to job boards. You will have access to unique opportunities throughout the greater Los Angeles area - opportunities you won’t find on your own. THANK YOU FOR CALLING We’ve picked up that old book on customer service, dusted it off, and put it back into practice. How many times have you left a message and never heard back? How many recruiting firms have you sent your resume to who haven’t called you back promptly? At TalentZök, customer service is our priority. We return calls promptly. We don’t let you fall through the cracks. It sounds so simple yet so few know how to do it right. THE IMPORTANCE OF A FIRM HANDSHAKE There is no substitute for meeting someone in person. It is the only way to really understand people. We interview all of our candidates in person before they interview at our client companies to ensure the best possible fit. We also visit companies in person, meet the people involved in the decision, get a feel for the company culture and get a thorough understanding of the job. We won’t waste your time because we’re committed to understanding exactly what it is you’re looking for.