Research Scientist - Simply Biotech
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting biotech company?! Then we have got the right team for you! In this role, you are responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for a Research Scientist at our client, an “essential business”, located in Culver City, CA who possess:
- Metagenomics experience
- M.S./B.S. in a science related field with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience OR PhD with 0 years of industry experience
- Experience with analyzing genotyping data and client interface
- Good molecular biology wet lab skills and experience
- Management experience is preferred
Email your resumes to email@example.com or call 858.427.0687
FULL DESCRIPTION: Our client is currently looking for a research scientist!
The selected candidate will further possess:
- A Master or Ph. D degree in biology.
- Experience in 16S/18S/ITS and shotgun Metagenomics Analysis
- Experience in one or more of these packages: Qiime2, Mothur, Dada2, Phyloseq
- Experience in R and/or Python
- Familiar with molecular techniques included DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, real-time PCR, primer design, and NGS library preparation.
- Able to multi-task and able to prioritize responsibilities
- Must pay attention to detail and self-motivated
- Able to recognize trends and able to be focused and observant
- Able to work under pressure and keep up with a fast-paced environment
- Can handle a high volume of sample processing and meet deadline
- Must be a team player. Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Extensive computer and MS Excel experience
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Analyzing metagenomics and genotyping data, assay development and validation
- Reporting results to clients
- Answering client's technical questions
- Writing SOPs
- Other lab documents and duties
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.427.0687
More information can be found at www.SimplyBiotech.com
Helping People Succeed.
As a part of the TalentZök family, we focus on helping you identify the best talent. Whether you’re seeking temporary help or help on a direct hire basis, Simply Biotech and the TalentZök family of companies can connect you to the right person for the job.
Biotech. It’s all we do.
We believe that effective and successful recruiting must be specialized. It is the only way to truly know both companies and job seekers and the most effective way to bring them together. At Simply Biotech, we focus only on the biotech/device industry.
No “resume farming” here
The most talented people rarely post their resumes to job boards. They are out there working, untapped. Many don't even know they are interested in better opportunities because they are passive job seekers. You want the best person for the job and chances are, the best person doesn't have their resume posted. They may even be working for your competitor. So searching the job boards along with every other biotech firm won't get you the result you're looking for. Only old-fashioned recruiting - picking up the phone, networking and finding the talent in the workforce - will get you the perfect match.
Thank you for calling
We've picked up that old book on customer service, dusted it off, and put it back into practice. How many times have you left a message and never heard back? At Simply Biotech, customer service is our priority. We return calls promptly. We don't let you fall through the cracks. It sounds so simple yet so few know how to do it right.
We do our homework - to save you time
Before filling a position, we speak with many of the people involved in making the decisions and ask quite a few questions. While this takes a little longer in the beginning of the process, it allows us to better understand what’s most important in a candidate. That way, we send only qualified candidates who will be in line with what you’re looking for.
Many recruiters just forward resumes to clients. At Simply Biotech, we conduct a thorough interview with each candidate before presenting them to you. We speak with them about their experience at each position and find out who they reported to, what their responsibilities were, and why they left. Many times this uncovers information that is omitted in the resume and that may be vital to your decision. We feel that it is our responsibility to thoroughly screen candidates before presenting them to you. This process results in fewer, better candidates for you to consider - and saves you time.
Why Work Here?IT'S ALL WE DO. We believe that effective and successful recruiting must be specialized, both in industry and geography. It is the only way to truly know both companies and job seekers and the most effective way to bring them together. THE INSIDER'S NETWORK When you register with us, we plug you into an existing network of companies that don’t always post to job boards. You will have access to unique opportunities throughout the greater Los Angeles area - opportunities you won’t find on your own. THANK YOU FOR CALLING We’ve picked up that old book on customer service, dusted it off, and put it back into practice. How many times have you left a message and never heard back? How many recruiting firms have you sent your resume to who haven’t called you back promptly? At TalentZök, customer service is our priority. We return calls promptly. We don’t let you fall through the cracks. It sounds so simple yet so few know how to do it right. THE IMPORTANCE OF A FIRM HANDSHAKE There is no substitute for meeting someone in person. It is the only way to really understand people. We interview all of our candidates in person before they interview at our client companies to ensure the best possible fit. We also visit companies in person, meet the people involved in the decision, get a feel for the company culture and get a thorough understanding of the job. We won’t waste your time because we’re committed to understanding exactly what it is you’re looking for.
Great benefits once hired on and stable Co.!