** Must be fully authorized to work in the US **
Research Associate – Simply Biotech
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting biotech company?! Then we’ve got the right team for you! In this role, you’re responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for a Research Associate in Menlo Park, CA who possesses:
- Molecular biology background – must be familiar with cell cultures and cell lines
- Familiar with lab protocols and wet lab procedures
- Sterile/wet lab techniques
- Academic experience ok – must have experience with working on similar projects that are aligned with this position
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.683.8070
This role will be responsible for the development of new products, validate technologies and interact with customers and thought leaders in the field of genome engineering. This role is hands-on, lab-based, and will actively interact with key personnel in the development, scale-up, automation and product management groups. This role will be responsible for solving challenging genome engineering problems, ensuring inventions are converted to compelling product concepts.
The selected candidate will further possess:
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biology, Cell biology or a related field with a minimum of +2 years of cell culture experience
- Experience working with a variety of immortalized lines, specialized experience with mammalian iPS, ES, and primary cell lines is preferred
- Excellent sterile technique
- Experience with transfections and genetic engineering of mammalian cells preferred
- Experience in fluorescence microscopy and immunostaining techniques.
- Experience with flow cytometry preferred
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver cohesive presentations
- Ability to work well within a team and thrive under fast-paced startup environment
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with multidisciplinary contributors to developing exciting product concepts.
- Interact with key customers
- Work with stem cells, differentiated cells and established cell lines
- Work with DNA and RNA, perform molecular biology analysis including next generation sequencing
- Present internally and externally about the science and products you are working on.
- Perform phenotypic analysis on cells including fluorescence microscopy
- Track new techniques and technologies in CRISPR genome editing space
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or call 858.683.8070
More information can be found at www.simplybiotech.com