Laboratory Technician - 16751
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fermentation Technician - Simply Biotech
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting biotech company?! Then we have got the right team for you! In this role, you are responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for a Fermentation Technician in Huntington Beach, CA who possesses:
- HS diploma or higher
- 6+ months of experience in a GMP environment
- Science backgrounds or mechanical experience is a plus (not required)
- Must be open to the following shift: Tuesday-Saturday 3AM-11:30AM
FULL DESCRIPTION: The Fermentation Technician is responsible for preparing, operating, and cleaning fermentation vessels in accordance with the company's established procedures. This position will be responsible for setting up machinery, cleaning machinery, operating machinery, monitoring trends, performing routine analysis, data logging, troubleshooting, and ultimately ensuring that generated material and data meets the company's established quality standards. The Fermentation Technician is also responsible for training other production technicians on fermentation monitoring techniques. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
The selected candidate will further possess:
- 2 or more years of experience in fermentation operations
- Ability to work in a production environment, recognizing various sounds, odors, and alarms.
- Demonstrated understanding of company's fermentation processes after a 1-month training period.
- Clear, professional, courteous oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to learn to operate machinery systems safely.
- Able to meet schedule requirements and work overtime as needed.
- High degree of ethical standard, trustworthiness, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- A sense of urgency, determination, and confidence to support company mission.
- Basic knowledge of piping, tubing, and fitting sizes (standard/metric) preferred.
- Basic machine maintenance skills: oil & grease machines, ability to change parts, and the ability to use hand tools to repair/calibrated preferred.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Follow established processes and procedures to ensure consistency in operations and quality assurance standards, and to ensure that production demands are met.
- Set up, operate, and monitor microbial fermentation processes from start to finish, assist/coach other operators.
- Perform routine laboratory analysis.
- Set up, operate, maintain, and clean machinery including mixing equipment, pumping systems, separation equipment and laboratory analytical equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Adjust, troubleshoot, and repair equipment as necessary to maintain and meet production requirements (i.e., pumps, valves, piping, etc.).
- Measure and prepare raw materials to be used in production processes and batch materials into production vessels.
- Understand differences between acceptable and unacceptable product and data quality.
- Investigate process nonconformance and identify manufacturing and quality deficiencies.
- Maintain a high degree of attention to equipment and product.
- Maintain accurate production records, machine logs, and data logs.
- Communicate effectively, and in a positive and constructive manner, with other departments/employees.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949.771.9756
More information can be found at www.simplybiotech.com
AddressHuntington Beach, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Simply Biotech
Get fresh Biotech Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.