Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
Purpose Responsible for casting simulation and assisting with sampling and pattern shop activities to ensure customer and foundry part requirements are met. Provide technical assistance for the monitoring and improvement of the quality management system. Initiate changes to improve quality and consistency in foundry processes. Provide technical assistance and direction in assigned areas of responsibility throughout the Plant.
Quality Engineer Principal Accountabilities:
1. Assist in the management of the plant quality management system including implementation and writing of work instructions and procedures, improvements and auditing.
2. As assigned, participate in projects with other foundry departments for the development and implementation of process improvement, cost reduction, research or development projects.
3. Research new product, process and quality control procedures and techniques to ensure castings of high quality are produced that meet customer requirements.
4. Maintain and adhere to ISO standards, including but not limited to, the Quality Policy Statement as well as the Quality Control Procedures Manual.
5. Maintain critical plant equipment such as the spectrometer and lab equipment.
6. Ability to analyze casting failures and provide feedback to the sales team on the cause of failure. Must be able to write a report.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Quality Engineer Necessary Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent education/experience.
2. Experience with managing the QMS. 2
3. Proven analytical skills.
4. Proficiency with MS word and excel.
5. Effective written and oral communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Simplified HRTempe, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.