QA Engineer II
Simpleview is a software development, data analytics, and digital marketing firm that supports destination marketing organizations to reach their tourism marketing goals with first-in-class digital products and services. We believe our customers -- towns, cities, states, and nations across the globe -- have a role to play in creating great experiences for visitors, for the people who call them home, and for businesses and workers who rely on travel to sustain their local economies.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated, and hardworking team an independent, talented, top-notch QA Engineer II with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve. Preference will be given to applicants that meet requirements and are located in or around Tucson, AZ.
As a QA Engineer II, you will be part of Simpleview's Engineering organization that maintains and extends its SaaS products and enterprise platforms which power the websites of top leisure and meeting destinations all over the world. An engineer at this level is a seasoned professional with competence and creativity in a wide range of technical areas.
- All members of the Product organization must strive to exemplify Simpleview's employee guidelines and corporate values (Hard Work, Working Smart, People, Communications, and Environment).
- Learn and understand the functionality of Simpleview products such as DMS, the Simpleview CMS, Extranet, and others.
- Proactively participates in sprint planning, estimation, and retrospectives.
- Reviews requirements, specifications, and technical design documents.
- Identifies risks and promptly communicates with the team for further evaluation.
- Identifies functional and non-functional aspects of the system to be tested.
- Identifies appropriate testing methodologies including functional, integration, end-to-end, etc.
- Creates comprehensive and well-structured test plans.
- Works closely with Product Manager and Engineering to define testable user stories, including acceptance criteria.
- Breaks down user stories into detailed step-by-step test cases, including preconditions and expected results.
- Prioritizes tasks based on risk assessment.
- Refines and updates test cases as necessary.
- Conducts manual testing of defined test cases.
- Contributes to the regression suite by supporting and participating in test automation.
- Refines and updates automated tests as necessary.
- Conducts regression testing via test automation suite or manually if automation isn't available.
- Evaluates regression results and promptly report any issues with the team.
- Conducts exploratory testing.
- Validates consistency across devices, operating systems, and browsers.
- Works with the Product Manager and Engineering to evaluate issues that arise during testing.
- Thoroughly identifies and reports bugs throughout the testing process.
- Completes work within the agreed-upon timeframe and communicates any blockers as necessary.
- Contributes to QA documentation within Confluence.
- Stays current with new testing tools and testing strategies.
- Accurately enter time against tasks for capacity planning.
- Represent Simpleview in a professional manner at external functions, networking events, and client demonstration meetings.
- Adhere to companies coding standards and development best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3+ years related QA experience in Agile development environments
- Adept in Agile/Scrum development processes and methodologies
- 3+ years in software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- 2+ years of experience with both browser-based application testing and native app testing
- Effectively writes clear, concise, and comprehensive test cases
- Competently documents bugs/defects
- Solid working knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB) and relational (MSSQL) databases including the ability to write basic queries
- Skilled at writing GraphQL queries and mutations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles.
- People who know the web like an old friend.
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out.
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic).
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU:
- Fulfilling work at a company that makes an impact in hundreds of communities across the globe
- The ability to set a career trajectory and move along a growth path
- Great co-workers, including geeks, parents, artists, gamers, veterans, and average Joes and Janes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short-term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long-term disability & life
- 401(k) with employer match
This position is available for remote work.
Unless otherwise stated on the job description as location-specific, most of our positions are eligible for remote work. At this time, Simpleview can currently only employ remote staff who reside in the following U.S. states, Canadian Province, and United Kingdom: Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Qualified candidates, please apply by going online at: .
Please submit your resumes using the APPLY NOW function below.
Simpleview provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.