Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Simonds International Vancouver, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing duties to quality and productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process customer orders by locating the product listed on pick tickets and identifying proper quantities listed for each item by style, size and color.
- Coordinates demand to order flow for daily crating and material needs for packaging.
- Orders necessary crates and material from suppliers.
- Folds, wires and loads saws into crates.
- Assembles crates that are semi-finished with pneumatic staple gun and table saw.
- Cuts and twists wire required for folding saws.
- Responsible for daily shipments of band saws and related materials from warehouse.
- Use proper shipping software to accurately ship the product, such as UPS World Ship, FedEx, Ship Manager, etc.
- Accurately collate packing slips and shipping labels for each order assigned.
- Effectively pick, package and ship products to customers and suppliers according to company process and standards.
- Ability to accurately enter data for invoicing and shipping.
- Prepares items to be shipped in appropriate shipping boxes; packs merchandise by verifying that all parts are pulled correctly.
- Monitors inventory and quality control of products within the warehouse distribution center.
- Receive shipments into the system and store them on the shelves.
- Operate forklift and or pallet jack while loading, unloading a truck.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in shipping area using 5-S.
- Requires general knowledge of freight rates, classifications, interstate commerce laws and regulations for most economical transportation.
- Assemble orders, check against shipping or customer orders, report shortages and follow up to locate items or incomplete orders.
- Route shipments and arrange for carrier product pickups.
- Implement continuous improvements/Lean Manufacturing with suggestions and observations.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Prior warehouse, shipping experience preferred
- Prior forklift, pallet jack experience preferred
- Must have strong basic math skills and the ability to count quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to comprehend, read, write English.
- Must be able to comprehend oral and written instructions.
- Must have basic computer knowledge that includes, Windows based software
- Word and Excel.
- Must be organized and have a strong attention for detail.
- Must be self-directed/motivated and able to multi-task.
- Work schedule flexibility to accommodate the needs of the business.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must support the values and mission of the company and demonstrate a high ethical behavior.
- Promote safety and adhere to safety standards of the company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, and walk for long periods of time, sitting on occasion while on break or lunch. Use hands to hold, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch. The employee is frequently or constantly required to talk, hear, see, and/or perform repetitive motion. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision. The employee must individually lift and/or move up to 70 lbs., occasionally, and 125 lbs. with assistance, infrequently.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shipping and Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ridgefield, WA 98642 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
We have a continuing tradition of quality, design, and innovation at a fair price. We understand that when you start out with high standards, your customers grow to expect it. We've worked long and hard to gain your respect and we won't let you down.
Simonds InternationalWhy Work Here?
We are a growing company with a brand new facility in Ridgefield WA and are looking for hard-working, dedicated employees to join our team!
Wood Fiber Group is the market‐leading manufacturer and supplier of consumable cutting tools, MRO supplies, technical services and cutting tool related maintenance equipment to the North American wood fiber processing industry and around the globe. The Companies leading products and brands include Simonds International, Burton Saw & Supply, BGR Saws, Cut Technologies, Global Tooling, U.S. Blades, Armstrong Mfg, Wright Machine Tool and The Simonds Tech Center for Saw Filer vocational training. We also represent several of the leading independent manufacturers of Filing Room machinery for the reconditioning of industrial cutting tools. The Wood Fiber Group’s deep knowledge of our customers’ wood processing operations, unique insights into both the performance of their cutting tools and the equipment used to maintain them and our desire and ability to help our customers optimize their yield makes Wood Fiber the vendor partner of choice. Our goal is to assist our customers in their efforts to improve fiber yield, increase productivity, support safety efforts, increase the consistency of cutting tool performance and address repetitive motion challenges. Wood Fiber Group is the choice of professionals for Softwood & Hardwood lumber production, Wood Chipping and Wood Panel manufacturers around the world.
Transportation and Storage