Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Manager
Simon Roofing Boardman, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Manager
Simon Roofing Boardman, Ohio, United States
Simon Roofing is a roofing industry leader with over 121 years in business with 66 locations throughout the USA. We specialize in roofing services, restorations, and replacements. We are looking for employees with a great work ethic, and drive to join our organization at all levels.
At Simon Roofing, we offer an established career path that will enable you to advance in compensation, responsibility, status, and authority to the degree that your abilities and desire allow.
Who you are:
We are looking for a HRIS professional who would be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level, manage the day to day operations of the HR department and works closely with senior management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employment, onboarding, affirmative action, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
Their main responsibilities include giving technical guidance and direction to administrative, technical, and clerical staff on the operation and maintenance of the human resources data systems.
Additionally, HRIS specialists provide on-the-job and formal training to human resource data system users using custom software and company applications. They use a personal computer to run tests and provide support to staff. They must be well-versed in a variety of computer system environments and be able to troubleshoot technical issues. Their main responsibilities also include developing and implementing strategies to address problem areas at the unit and human resource facilities.
A bachelor's degree in human resources, information technology, computer science, or a related field is generally required for this job. In addition, previous related experience is typically required or preferred as well. Leadership and industry certifications may be beneficial. HRIS specialists must be organized individuals that pay close attention to detail. They should work well in a team setting to reach all company objectives in a timely manner; however, they also need to be able to perform effectively by themselves with minimal supervision.
What you will do:
Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health, and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations, completing personnel transactions.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information, recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, developing, and organizing information, and fulfilling transactions.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- 2 + years of HR Generalist experience.
- 2 + years of HRIS administrative experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- PHR Certification is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, with well-developed organizational/clerical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
- General knowledge of employment law and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and keyboarding skills
- Always possess a high degree of confidentiality and a sense of urgency.
- Proven ability to work in a team and collaborate with others.
- Continuing education shown throughout your career can be formal certifications, classes, degrees, or seminars.
What We Offer:
Opportunity to learn, grow, and increase your earning potential.
- Health Insurance, Dental, Vision Care benefits
- AFLAC and Short-Term Disability
- 401K plan, with a discretionary match
- Free life insurance
Simon Roofing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by the Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
I certify the information I have provided in this Employment Application is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that, if hired, discovery of any false information provided or any relevant information omitted (no matter when discovered) may result in the immediate termination of my employment. I authorize Simon Roofing and Sheet Metal Corp. (the "Company") to make whatever inquiries it deems necessary or appropriate of any person or organization to verify any of the information I have provided in this application and to determine my qualifications and abilities. I hereby release the Company from any and all claims or action or causes of action arising out of the Company's lawful inquiries and/or its determination of my qualifications and abilities.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Simon Roofing