To maintain all mall owned and operated heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment in order to provide safe, efficient and effective operation. This position is on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to assist the operations department in handling emergencies at the property level.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work in cooperation with other contracted mechanical services as retained by management.
- Report all situations requiring emergency and/or immediate action to the appropriate personnel.
- Troubleshoot various systems including plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and other systems as required to determine source of malfunction and repair.
- Conduct scheduled inspections and preventive maintenance to designated equipment; make adjustments to equipment and controls to ensure operations are in compliance with specifications and/or standards.
- Install, maintain and make repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. EPA, OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment.
- Administer compliance of local, state, and federal laws pertaining to areas such as fire, safety, hazardous material, access etc.
- Observe operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjust mechanisms such as valves, controls and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure and temperature.
- Provide routine services to include preventive maintenance on air side and water side equipment, identifying, installing, maintaining and disposing of all types of filters, cleaning mechanical/transformer rooms, picking up and delivering parts, and assisting higher level heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics and or contracted services.
- Schedule preventative maintenance programs as assigned by management.
- Coordinate work orders and maintain the integrity of the Work Order System.
- Ensure the appropriate inventory systems, records, files, Material Safety Data Sheets, supplies, equipment and tools are maintained.
- Replace defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, lighting components, fuses and basic electrical wiring, etc.
- Employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with air handler units to include efficient operation required to achieve energy savings and acceptable comfort levels.
- Knowledge in filter identification and application, equipment and component identification, safety procedures, refrigeration cycle and soft soldering.
- Knowledge of cooling tower operation & start-up and package roof top HVAC units.
- Knowledge of condenser and chilled water systems and water treatment.
- Capability to diagnoses problems on equipment.
- Ability to disassemble, clean, lubricate, repair and replace parts, as required.
- Able to diagnose basic malfunctioning mechanical systems, test components; trouble shoot and repair replace or adjust defective or worn parts.
- Able to operate and program Building Automation Systems and Energy Management Systems as they relate to energy savings, life safety, seasonal adjustments and company standards.
- Knowledge of safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures associated with the operation of mechanical and HVAC equipment.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, which may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or Trade School Certificate.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the HVAC maintenance field (Related education may be substituted for up to two years’ experience on a year-for-year basis)
- Valid Driver’s license
- EPA Certification
Simon Property Group
Why Work Here?Simon is recognized as an Industry Innovator. We have influenced growth and direction since 1960, pioneering innovative, game-changing concepts across the retail real estate industry. From our humble beginnings managing one strip center to today’s global portfolio of over 200 properties, one constant has remained: the desire to be First and Best in Class.
Named Fortune's Most Admired Real Estate Company eight times. 50 year history of successful retail real estate