Housekeeper ($14+) Holiday Bonus Potential
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HOUSEKEEPER - GENERAL SUMMARY
The Housekeeper ensures that the entire facility is clean and sanitized for all.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Clean the offices including; Throwaway the trash ( break room area, Offices and bathrooms) Clean desks, Computers...etc.,vacuum the carpet.
· Clean the dust from the AC vents.
· Clean the mirrors.
· Mop the floor.
· Vacuum and clean the elevator, clean all the stainless steel and side panels
· Clean the theaters from the top row to the first row, including the seats, cup holders, trash area & replace
the trash bag if it is full.
· Check the Lounge continuously.
· Clean the dust from the theater's numbers, posters and AC vents.
· Clean the silver trash cans.
· Check and clean everything before you leave the theater at the end of the shift.
· Meet with the Lead of housekeeping and go over that day’s training if needed.
· Clean the theater at the end of every show and let the ushers know.
· Check regularly the bathrooms and refill everything as required.
· Check the Restaurant, Lobby and Lounge.
· Check and replace the lights bulbs if they are out in the hallways using the stepladder.
· Replace the trash bags if they are full.
· At the end of all shows in the theaters turn on the cleaning lights in order to clean everything effectively.
· Throw away the trash from all trash cans, clean and dry the spaces where the cans are located.
· Sweep and mop the floors in the Restaurant, Lobby and Lounge including the Restaurant's bathroom.
· Deep clean the two theaters assigned for the night (Vacuum, clean the seats, cup holders, mop the isles and walkways).
· Clean the bathrooms (Urinals, toilets, mirrors, floors, glass doors, refill soap, toilet paper and napkins)
· Vacuum the hallway.
· Clean the trashcan area inside the theaters.
· Turn off the lights on the posters.
· Clean and polish the silver trash cans.
· Clean the black crowd controls in the Usher's area.
· Close and lock the main doors.
· Re-check every theater before going home at the end of the night shift.
· Turn off all lights in theaters and hallway.
· Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
· Request repair services for vacuums, any bathroom issues & overall maintenance.
· Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or cleaning chemicals
· Observe precautions required to protect the Cinema and customer’s property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to a supervisor or MOD.
· Prepare rooms for meetings and furniture for social or business functions.
· Carry linens, trash bags, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
· Report to Housekeeping Supervisor when cleaning supplies are running low and advise management as to the weekly supplies order list.
· Communicate effectively to the housekeeping Supervisor or any MOD for any issues.
· In case of finding items from customers take them to Guest Relations and indicate where it was found.
· Check the emergency doors to make sure every one of them is locked at all times, check behind the projection screens to confirm nobody or anything stays in that area.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma and professional cleaning experience preferred.
- Specialized training in: Cleaning /Sanitation & Chemical Use preferred.
· Ability to walk up and down stairs numerous times throughout your shift.
· Must be on your feet from 6-9 hours at a time.
· Lifting heavy trash bags of up to 50 pounds and throwing them into the trash compactor.
· Vacuuming, cleaning windows and glass mirrors, and dusting for long periods of time.
***Payout of Holiday Bonus will be based on retention through the Holidays until Jan 8th, and in addition to working all scheduled shifts between 11/16 thru Thanksgiving weekend and 12/16 thru 12/26.
Silverspot Cinema is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Silverspot Cinema also participates in E-Verify.
Get fresh Housekeeping Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.